A versed engineer with good taste and incredible product sense, ready to build great features with minimal direction.
What You'll Do:
- Improve, create, and extend our Android applications
- Collaborate with an extraordinarily small and talented team of mobile designers and engineers
- Own features from their inception through design, development, debugging and finally release
- Spent the time to build features that are highly functional, incredibly engaging, and immensely important to our users
Skills & Requirements
What We’re Looking For:
- Experience with small foot-print, concurrent Java
- An obsessive desire to ship well tested, amazing software
- A rich portfolio of engaging, user focused, perfectly designed Android applications
- A deep understanding of Tumblr’s features and concrete ideas for making them better
- A robust sense of mobile product design and a will to make a world class application even better
- Smarts, humility, and equal willingness to learn and teach
Tools We Use:
- Android Studio
Tumblr is home to the most creative people in the world, and we’re looking for equally inventive people to join our team in New York City. Get ready to define the next generation of creative tools, and make beautiful ways for our community to share, discover, and connect with the stuff they love. We work in an open, positive, and collaborative environment at our headquarters near Union Square. Founded in 2007, Tumblr has more than 149 million blogs and 67 billion posts made by passionate creators from all over the world.
Joel Test score: 9 out of 12
The Joel Test is a twelve-question measure of the quality of a software team.
- Do you use source control?
- Can you make a build in one step?
- Do you make daily builds?
- Do you have a bug database?
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code?
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule?
- Do you have a spec?
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions?
- Do you use the best tools money can buy?
- Do you have testers?
- Do new candidates write code during their interview?
- Do you do hallway usability testing?
How to apply
If interested (and qualified), please apply here: http://www.jobscore.com/jobs2/tumblr/android-engineer/aVgT38MQ0r4RdviGakNqq7?ref=rss&sid=68