Jagex Ltd, the UK’s leading independent online games studio is currently looking for a talented Unity Programmer to join our TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE development team.
Working with this iconic brand you will be tasked with creating a highly functional application that will allow players to access the exciting MMO world from their handheld devices. You will have excellent knowledge of UI specific programming as well as expertise in Unity development and products that integrate with online games.
This is an amazing opportunity to be at the heart of a successful gaming brand from a stable developer/publisher, and requires a sharp and keen individual with a passion tablet products.
Key Duties Include:
- Maintaining and writing solid and robust code to strict deadlines
- To set the standard in coding practices and coding quality
- To evaluate the feasibility of technical direction and design direction for difficulty of implementation, costing and priority
- Taking part in the design process of the application
Skills & Requirements
- Commercial Unity experience programming in C#
- Highly experience in creating UI Systems for games
- Solid understanding of gameplay programming principles
- At least 1 shipped Unity game
- Passion for online games, specifically MMO products
- Experience working with apps that integrate with PC based MMO titles
- Experience in tablet/mobile development
About Jagex Games Studio
Jagex Games Studio is a multi-award winning games developer based in Cambridge, England. The studio has a long-standing reputation for creating the world's best online games, for developing hugely popular, accessible, free-to-play games and for providing an unbeatable community experience for millions of players around the world.
Jagex has developed and self-published over 40 online titles, including the world's most popular free multiplayer online game, RuneScape. In addition to RuneScape, Jagex self-publishes games on its games portal Jagex.com, and has released a series of successful iPhone games. Jagex also acts as a third-party publisher for likeminded developers, publishing titles such as Herotopia, War of Legends, and the iPhone title Undercroft. The studio’s in-house team is currently developing a number of games, including MMORTS 8Realms and two new MMORPGs; Stellar Dawn and TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE.
Jagex celebrates its tenth anniversary this year, and with over 460 staff, Jagex stands as the largest independent games developer and publisher in the UK. The studio has won numerous awards including the 2009 & 2010 Golden Joystick for ‘UK Games Developer of the Year’ and features in the ‘Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work For’, demonstrating its continued commitment to offering employees a positive, challenging and highly rewarding working environment.