At DataMinr, we are looking for engineers of all levels to help us sort, analyze and deliver relevant information from terabytes of unstructured data in the social media space. We strive for strong abstractions that allow for fast iteration, easy integration and short development cycles, allowing us to constantly learn from our data and empowering our clients to apply these insights toward product enhancements.
Skills & Requirements
- B.S/M.S./Ph.D. in Computer Science, Math, Statistics or related fields
- 3+ years experience building distributed software systems
- Extensive experience in Java or C++ and experience with scripting languages
- Excellent knowledge of data structures, algorithms and design patterns
- Ability to write clean, fast code supported by rigid test suites
- Ability to solve open-ended problems in an elegant, scalable manner
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, distributed caches and NoSQL databases a big plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivation and an ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
Based in New York City, Dataminr (http://www.dataminr.com) was founded in 2009 with a mission to unlock hidden value in social media for clients in the finance and government sectors. Currently servicing both buy-side and sell-side financial firms as well as municipal and federal clients in the government sector, Dataminr has developed a broad suite of modular desktop and API products that address the unique needs of its client set. Services include custom signal creation, integration of internal proprietary data sets and accommodation of all compliance and deployment needs. We offer competitive salaries, commensurate with experience, and a comprehensive benefits package, including immigration sponsorship and relocation assistance, to our employees.