At Dataminr, we are looking for dedicated software engineers to help us sort, analyze and deliver relevant information from terabytes of unstructured data in the social media space. We strive for strong abstractions that allow for fast iteration, easy integration and short development cycles, allowing us to constantly learn from our data and empowering our clients to apply these insights toward product enhancements.
Skills & Requirements
- B.S/M.S./PhD. in Computer Science or related fields
- Experience in handling or analyzing large volumes of data
- Experience with distributed data processing systems, such as Hadoop/MapReduce, Hive, Pig and SQL/NoSQL databases
- Extensive experience in Java or C++ and experience with scripting languages
- Excellent knowledge of data structures, algorithms and design patterns
- Ability to solve open-ended problems in an elegant, scalable manner
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and display a high standard for accuracy and responsiveness
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivation and an ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
Dataminr is the leading real-time information discovery company for enterprise clients. Dataminr transforms the public Twitter stream into actionable alerts, identifying the most relevant information in real-time for clients in Finance, News and the Public Sector. Using powerful, proprietary algorithms, Dataminr instantly analyzes all public tweets and delivers the earliest warning for breaking news, real-world events, off-the-radar content and emerging trends. Dataminr clients receive information first, ahead of traditional sources. Dataminr was founded in 2009 and is headquartered in New York, NY, with satellite offices in Washington, DC and Bozeman, MT.
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.