We are looking for full time developers to join our Professional Services team and will consider a broad range of experience as we have a few positions available, particularly in crawler development.
You will be working on the following:
- Web crawler development with Scrapy
- Systems to process large amounts of crawled data
- Text processing in python (ETL scripts, machine learning, NLP, sentiment analysis, information extraction, information retrieval, etc.)
This is a telecommuting position and salaries we pay are not adjusted based on where you live.
This is the perfect job for someone seeking to work on interesting and challenging problems, with a globally distributed team that are truly passionate about programming.
Skills & Requirements
- Python guru :)
- Familiarity with some of the common technologies and techniques for crawling, extracting and processing data, e.g. scrapy, nltk, gensim, scikit-learn, mapreduce, nosql, etc.
- Linux experience
- Excellent communication in written English
- Available to work full time
- Did we mention Python?
Nice to have:
- knowledge of Scrapy would be fantastic
- Erlang, C & Java
- Involvement in open source
- Familiarity with AWS (s3, ec2, swf) or similar
- Experience working with distributed teams
Please send source code that shows your programming ability well. If you have many projects on github (or similar) please tell us which we should look at. If you have nothing suitable then we will ask you to perform a programming task.
Scrapinghub is a startup with the goal of providing the best web scraping technology.
We currently provide services for running Scrapy web crawlers, storing and searching crawled data, visualizing the crawl process, automatic information extraction (based on supervised learning) and a proxy network for routing requests. We also develop open source libraries for web crawling and information extraction.
Our clients are from a diverse range of industries, they're usually technical and build very interesting products with the data and services we provide.
This is an opportunity to join at an early stage where you can have a huge impact on the success of the company.
Joel Test score: 11 out of 12
The Joel Test is a twelve-question measure of the quality of a software team.
- Do you use source control?
- Can you make a build in one step?
- Do you make daily builds?
- Do you have a bug database?
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code?
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule?
- Do you have a spec?
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions?
- Do you use the best tools money can buy?
- Do you have testers?
- Do new candidates write code during their interview?
- Do you do hallway usability testing?
How to apply
Apply online at http://scrapinghub.com/careers