At Dataminr, we are looking for dedicated data scientists to help us sort, analyze and deliver relevant information from terabytes of unstructured data in the social media space. We strive for strong abstractions that allow for fast iteration, easy integration and short development cycles, allowing us to constantly learn from our data and empowering our clients to apply these insights toward product enhancements.
Skills & Requirements
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Math or Statistics
- Extensive programming and system design experience, ability to work with big data with minimal engineering support
- Strong experience with distributed system such as Hadoop/MapReduce, streaming data processing, distributed caches and NoSQL databases
- Solid background in data mining, algorithms, statistical analysis, computational NLP and/or machine learning with at least 5 years experience
- Proven track record of solving challenging problems in both academia and industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivation and an ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
Based in New York City, Dataminr (http://www.dataminr.com) was founded in 2009 with a mission to unlock hidden value in social media for clients in the finance and government sectors. Currently servicing both buy-side and sell-side financial firms as well as municipal and federal clients in the government sector, Dataminr has developed a broad suite of modular desktop and API products that address the unique needs of its client set. Services include custom signal creation, integration of internal proprietary data sets and accommodation of all compliance and deployment needs. We offer competitive salaries, commensurate with experience, and a comprehensive benefits package, including immigration sponsorship and relocation assistance, to our employees.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please use the following link: http://dataminr.theresumator.com/apply/0hXUQB/Data-Scientist.html?source=STCK