We’re looking for a back-end application developer with at least 4 years of experience to round out our team. You're welcome to join us here at our Chicago office, but if you'd like to stay in that beautiful 'other' place you currently live, that's fine too. (Onshore applicants only please.)
We Are Mammoth builds retirement, workplace, and financial modeling tools which help companies big and small be better employers/teams/people at work. We also build and sell DoneDone, our own web-based issue tracker and are developing our second product now. We attend and speak at web design and development conferences around the country. We’re avid developers, designers, writers, and thinkers. One of our partners just authored a book on web developer life – The Developer’s Code. If you read it, you’ll get a sense of the values and approach here at We Are Mammoth.
Here are some things you might be doing in a given week:
- Architect a data model for a custom app using our data modeling framework, X2O.
- Maintain our existing client web sites and applications code services and web pages using the .NET MVC framework.
- Generate hundreds of thousands of customized PDF documents for our client’s customers.
- Run your code through performance profilers (we like ANTS) and speed up your slow code.
- Give a talk to the other developers on how to improve their skills, use new technology, or just to show them something interesting you’ve come across.
Skills & Requirements
All of our developers here have experience in the following, in order of how often you’ll be using these languages/patterns:
- .NET / C# using the MVC framework
- Service-repository pattern and dependency injection
- SQL (we use Dapper a lot in our apps sprinkled around a fair amount of LINQ to SQL)
- Relational DB development
- Unit and regression testing
About We Are Mammoth
Working at We Are Mammoth:
We're a hard working team of about 15. We opt for smarter, constantly-tuned between the lines work weeks to maintain a meaningful work/life balance.
- Everybody starts with 15 days of paid vacation. Each year, you'll get 5 more until you've got 25.
- We've got a beautiful office in Chicago's Fulton Market. It's like a home, a library, and a gallery mashed into one. If you're working remote, well, you'll be joining us quarterly here at hq, too.
- We've got an employer-matched retirement plan with company matching up to 3%.
- We'll pay for a parking space or public transportation.
- We do annual salary reviews, bi-annual how-things-are-going reviews, and have an employee profit-sharing plan.
Joel Test score: 11 out of 12
The Joel Test is a twelve-question measure of the quality of a software team.
- Do you use source control?
- Can you make a build in one step?
- Do you make daily builds?
- Do you have a bug database?
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code?
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule?
- Do you have a spec?
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions?
- Do you use the best tools money can buy?
- Do you have testers?
- Do new candidates write code during their interview?
- Do you do hallway usability testing?