We want to hire full-time people passionate about software development; who care about building and maintaining top-notch infrastructure, services, and UIs. If you're not already well-versed with the tools we use, no worries! We hire people, not 'X years in Y language/technology'.
Developers work on diverse projects that have different responsibilities. These are some examples of some of the skill sets and experience desired.
- Architect, design, and implement new applications and systems.
- Maintain web and server applications that present data and deliver process and analytical capabilities to our clients.
- Create unit tests using mocks and stubs.
- Apply cutting edge technologies to complex problems in the financial space.
- Manage and/or participate in multiple high priority projects simultaneously and interact with your peers to make the best technical decisions.
Experience / Interests:
- Experience with web and service development (we use C# as our primary programming language, MVC and .NET 4.0)
- Development experience in an Agile (Scrum) environment.
- Ability to work with a project from requirements through development, testing and delivery.
- Other languages/technologies that we utilize are: Rabbit MQ, Node.js, Amazon webservices. Experience in any or all is a plus.
- Experience working with relational data (we use SQL).
- Bachelor’s degree or higher is strongly preferred, although we retain an open mind as to the major.
About Chatham Financial
Chatham has a relaxed, yet demanding environment, where, refreshingly, people have just as high expectations of themselves as they have for others. We strive for self-governance and aspire ourselves to be aligned with Chatham’s core values: Acting with Honesty & Integrity, Respect for Each Individual, Doing Excellent Work, Working Together, and Building Long-Term Relationships.
We are an IT organization committed to Lean development principles, Agile practices and continuous improvement. We subscribe to these ideas and methods across all of our technology-based development and operational areas.
Chatham employs a global IT delivery model, with staff located in Kennett Square Pennsylvania, Denver Colorado, London, Krakow Poland, and Singapore. We also utilize high-caliber agile development partners in South America.
Some highlights of our work environment:
- Agile software development methodology with Scrum
- Two week sprint cycles, with release at the end of each cycle
- Continuous Integration
- Highly collaborative and open work environment
- Whiteboards used daily
- Debate and respect are not mutually exclusive
- We would rather be governed by principles than rules
- We work as a team across all areas of the company
- Casual dress; wearing a suit does not make you work harder or smarter
- We like to have fun too!
Joel Test score: 11 out of 12
The Joel Test is a twelve-question measure of the quality of a software team.
- Do you use source control?
- Can you make a build in one step?
- Do you make daily builds?
- Do you have a bug database?
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code?
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule?
- Do you have a spec?
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions?
- Do you use the best tools money can buy?
- Do you have testers?
- Do new candidates write code during their interview?
- Do you do hallway usability testing?