Boyd, Caton & Grant is looking for an mid to senior level PHP/MySQL developer to join our web and application development team.
The ideal applicant must be comfortable working both independently and in collaboration with a small team. We’re a telecommuting firm, so the ability to work without constant supervision and to change priorities quickly is a must.
Preference will be given to local candidates.
You must be located within the United States of America and be a U.S. citizen and/or authorized to work in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor H1B visas.
No agencies or recruiters.
Skills & Requirements
- Thorough knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Experience building OO PHP5 web applications using a modern MVC framework
- Experience using Object Relational Mappers (ORM) such as Doctrine or Propel
- Wide experience in design of relational databases, good knowledge of MySQL
- Familiar with git or svn source control systems
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
Nice To Have Skills:
- Experience building web applications with Symfony2 and Doctrine2.
- Experience with canvas-based charting and visualization libraries such as highcharts, d3 or protovis.
- Experience with cloud based services such as AWS or Rackspace
- Familiar with NoSQL solutions such as mongodb or redis
- Experience working with large datasets and complex queries/reports
How to apply
To apply, email your resume, salary requirements, links to relevant work and several code samples to careers AT bcgtrans DOT com.
Please also include a response to the following question in your email....
"What is your preferred MVC framework and why do you prefer it to others?"
You must also place the word "catapult" somewhere in the subject line. If you do not, your submission won't pass our filter and therefore won't be read.