PilotLight Studios is looking to add an experienced, full-time Python/Django developer to our team. We are a small, boutique development shop located in Southern New Jersey (Philadelphia area) focused on developing web based applications for clients large and small.
The ideal candidate would be able to work in our Moorestown, NJ office, however we will consider remote work for the right candidate.
Skills & Requirements
- Real world experience developing web applications using a Python/Django/Postgres stack or experience with similiar MVC frameworks / platforms (Ruby On Rails, etc..)
- Comfort working via the CLI on both Linux and Mac OS X during development, deployment, and maintenance tasks.
- Comfort working in a team environment via distributed version control (Mercurial / Git).
- General knowledge of Debian/Ubuntu Linux. Ability to configure new servers for Django hosting using Nginx and Gunicorn a plus.
- Experience with Virtualenv, PIP, PIL, South, and other Python/Django utilities.
- General knowledge of PHP and other common web focused programming languages.
- Basic experience with Photoshop -- no graphic design skills are required, but you must have the ability to work with existing design documents.
- Ability to work in a busy environment -- possibly breaking up your time between multiple projects.
About pilotLight Studios
PilotLight Studios is an experienced team of web application developers located in the Philadelphia area. We specialize in developing custom web applications and content management systems using the Django Web Framework.