We're just about always looking for software developers who thrive on solving big data problems and creating amazing user experiences. We are passionate about our users and our products, and we're looking for people who can match and exceed our obsession for customer success.
If you are passionate about developing transformative technology, check us out, especially if you are skilled in or intrigued by some of the following technologies:
--Cloud-based server side development using excellent, modern tools.
--Rich, highly performant front end development using HTML5, Google Closure and other bleeding edge technologies.
--Visually robust and customizable reporting using Tableau and other integrated solutions.
Do you want to help change the face of enterprise software?
Do you want to help users solve real problems by creating simple, fun and transformative experiences?
Do you want to work with an incredibly passionate team of people who love their products?
Do you <3 UNICORNS? (We can get into that later)
We're not terribly concerned with your specific background. You have to be passionate about solving real problems and excited about using the latest technologies to do it. This might include using an exotic data store to analyze "big data" segments, or utilizing a bleeding edge browser technology to offer a Surprisingly Simple user experience.
Skills & Requirements
For the list oriented, here are some things we'd get excited about:
- A strong passion for getting things done, solving real problems, and learning new things.
- Several years of software development experience.
- Experience with large scale, concurrent applications.
- Significant experience creating Web sites using a modern language/framework (C#, Python, Ruby, Lisp, Scala, Java, Haskell, ML, PHP).
About IMS Health Appature
Appature is an extremely fast-growing, Seattle-based technology company that is changing the way organizations manage customer information and drive marketing results. Appature Nexus is used by some of the world's leading healthcare and life sciences organizations and is quickly becoming regarded as one of the most innovative relationship marketing tools on the market. Appature announced on March 12, 2013 that it was acquired by IMS Health, and will continue to operate as before as a unit of IMS.
Learn more about Appature at http://www.appature.com/pages/life.html
Joel Test score: 11 out of 12
The Joel Test is a twelve-question measure of the quality of a software team.
- Do you use source control?
- Can you make a build in one step?
- Do you make daily builds?
- Do you have a bug database?
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code?
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule?
- Do you have a spec?
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions?
- Do you use the best tools money can buy?
- Do you have testers?
- Do new candidates write code during their interview?
- Do you do hallway usability testing?