IO Practiceware is looking for a talented Developer to join our team. Our platform is built on a .NET/SQL Server stack, but if you can pick up new technologies quickly, extensive exposure isn’t necessary.
Our software is a touchscreen WPF smart client application. The front end is designed to support operation in both a thick and thin client environment, so you’ll need to work across a full stack of technologies, from UI to web services to data access. Every day will bring new challenging projects. One week you may be working on a new UI in WPF and the next on WCF services in ASP .NET. We’re in the middle of number of big projects, so there’s lots of opportunity to be innovative and creative.
Because our team is small, you'll have the chance to make major contributions. We're super casual, friendly and always willing to help each other out. We go out to lunch regularly to catch up. If you're into hardware, you'll be glad to know that we're all geared up with i7s, SSDs, dual widescreens, and lots of RAM. Our benefits include paid time off, holidays and health insurance.
Skills & Requirements
The right person for this role is
- Self-motivated, analytical, quick to learn and a great problem solver
- Interested in agile software development (we use SCRUM), object oriented programming and design patterns (AOP, Fluent syntax, and IOC are all welcome here)
- Committed to building great software quickly without sacrificing maintainability, testability or scalability (we have all sorts of test coverage - Unit Tests, Integration Tests, Coded UI Tests, and good old fashioned manual testing)
- An excellent collaborator
As a software engineer at IO Practiceware, you’ll work with modern technologies and methodologies, including
- C# and Microsoft .NET 4.0
- Domain driven design, inversion of control and dependency injection
- WPF and MVVM design patterns
- Multitier architecture
Prior experience in these areas would help but won’t rule out a great candidate.
About IO Practiceware
IO Practiceware is a fast growing Electronic Health Records software firm located in downtown Manhattan. We develop, sell and install our EHR in offices nationwide. With our market leading software we are changing the way medical practices use technology.
Joel Test score: 11 out of 12
The Joel Test is a twelve-question measure of the quality of a software team.
- Do you use source control?
- Can you make a build in one step?
- Do you make daily builds?
- Do you have a bug database?
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code?
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule?
- Do you have a spec?
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions?
- Do you use the best tools money can buy?
- Do you have testers?
- Do new candidates write code during their interview?
- Do you do hallway usability testing?