We are seeking an experienced Interaction/User Experience Designer capable of leading projects and teams. This role may go by many titles – interaction designer, user researcher, information architect, UX designer, product manager, but first and foremost your approach and point of view is user-centered. You are simply passionate about making digital products and services that solve users’ problems and that are useful, usable and desirable.
As a UX Designer on our team, you’ll be heavily involved with our clients. They’ll look to you for guidance how UX is done. You’ll present your own work. If your solutions and well thought through and articulated, then your point of view will be taken seriously.
OpenCrowds design practice is evolving and we’ll need your input on how we’ll change. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to effect change.
- Lead as well as collaborate across teams to define the end-to-end user experience for online, mobile and tablet based digital
- Employ a range of human-centered design processes and tools such as mental models, personas, use scenarios, prototypes, site maps, wireframes and task flows to create user-centered product solutions for both long-term and short-term initiatives.
- Collaborate closely with the project manager, business analysts, tech leads and team to define user stories and integrate these tools into an agile development process.
- Identify, plan and facilitate user research, usability testing and other feedback mechanisms as appropriate.
- Provide appropriate quantitative and qualitative assessments of customer needs and market opportunities
- Facilitate brainstorms and working sessions with cross-disciplinary teams.
- Manage and appropriately involve key stakeholders for buy-in and sign-off design milestones.
- Produce exemplary products that transform our customer’s lives and grow the business.
Skills & Requirements
- Four or more years of developing interactive products as an Experience designer, Information architect, or Interaction designer,
- A user-centered mindset partnered with amazing creativity
- A portfolio of work that includes data heavy and transactional applications that are used to get work done.
- Demonstrated experience designing for multiple platforms and the various functions of a commercial web site
- Demonstrate and model deep understanding of the value of other disciplines, and their interaction with design/ user experience
- Proven experience in use of common UX tools and requirements documentation
- Excellent written and oral skills to communicate clearly and negotiate effectively with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Exceptional information presentation.
- Competitive base salary & bonus
- Medical, dental & vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term disability coverage
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Flexible spending account
- Pre-tax transit benefit
- Gym membership discount
- Course reimbursement
- Great people
OpenCrowd is an equal opportunity employer
About OpenCrowd, Inc.
Opencrowd, is a user design and technology services company that builds custom applications for clients. Our primary focus is on enabling our clients with cutting edge web concepts and helping them build and launch their products in record time frame. As a company we heavily leverage open source technologies. Most of our applications are built on Django-Python & J2EE platform. Our solutions range from custom Web applications, collaboration centric dashboards, mobile applications to enabling our client on a cloud infrastructure. Our clients range from major firms like IBM, top Investment firms to early stage startups.
We have been in business since 2005. Our team has a strong passion for cutting edge technologies. At our core, we are a technology company. We have been at the forefront of the recent technology shifts in the last decade - open source, web 2.0, and cloud computing. We've been leveraging web 2.0 technologies and cloud computing since its early days. As mobile technologies reaches maturity, ubiquitous access is becoming more of a reality and is increasingly becoming part of our solution set.