Senior Java Developer is a key team member of the development team. This person will be responsible for a portion of the overall system solution including design and implementation tasks. The responsibilities differ depending on the phase of the engagement.
- Work with project managers and/or clients to scope work and produce estimates to help define deliverables and timelines
- Design and build server side business logic for complex application modules
- Select technologies, recommend architectures and create technical design based on client requirements.
- The contractor is expected to come up with the basic framework and APIs from scratch that other developers can enhance and extend and completely own the tier.
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Four to seven years experience developing database-driven, web applications in Java
- Proficiency across the range of J2EE technologies, especially Servlet API-based programming, JDBC, JMS, etc.
- Proficiency with MVC frameworks like Struts or Spring MVC
- Proficiency with EJB3, JPA and Hibernate
- Strong Object Oriented Design and experience developing high-performance systems (caching, performance, messaging, serialization, etc)
- Knowledge of RDBMS. Worked with at least one of the following: Oracle, Sybase, MySQL, or PostgreSQL
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas and technical decisions
Our compensation program is designed to attract, motivate, develop and retain the very best people. Our benefit features include; medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, disability, retirement plan, and a competitive time off program.
OpenCrowd is an equal opportunity employer.
About OpenCrowd, Inc.
Opencrowd, is a user design and technology services company that builds custom applications for clients. Our primary focus is on enabling our clients with cutting edge web concepts and helping them build and launch their products in record time frame. As a company we heavily leverage open source technologies. Most of our applications are built on Django-Python & J2EE platform. Our solutions range from custom Web applications, collaboration centric dashboards, mobile applications to enabling our client on a cloud infrastructure. Our clients range from major firms like IBM, top Investment firms to early stage startups.
We have been in business since 2005. Our team has a strong passion for cutting edge technologies. At our core, we are a technology company. We have been at the forefront of the recent technology shifts in the last decade - open source, web 2.0, and cloud computing. We've been leveraging web 2.0 technologies and cloud computing since its early days. As mobile technologies reaches maturity, ubiquitous access is becoming more of a reality and is increasingly becoming part of our solution set.