NthGen Software is an established start-up with a revolutionary product that is making a big impact in its marketplace. Starting in Toronto, Canada, we exploded nationwide and are now making an impact in the United States. Now we’re looking for you, a passionate, forward-thinking Senior Software Engineer who will join our core team of software developers.
By choosing us, you gain:
- the opportunity to grow with us and to carve out your niche as a senior member of our dev team.
- the ability to use your years of experience to mentor other software developers.
- the chance to learn new technologies and expand your knowledge base.
- the advantage of using the latest processes and technologies to help us stay ahead of the curve.
- the responsibility to own projects, have the room to create and see your code in action.
- the freedom to be involved in delivering an exciting, disruptive product to an age-old industry that drives it into a new direction.
It’s time to breakout. Make your move. Be a part of something big and make an impact. And, have fun doing it!
Think you have what it takes? Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You not only love to code, but also you’re awesome at it!
- You are a communicator.
- You have a University degree or advanced diploma in a software engineering-related discipline, preferably in Computer Science
- You possess a minimum 5 years experience in software development
- You own a strong understanding of application development, including development and programming methodologies
- You are constantly learning and looking for ways to improve yourself and the processes around you
- You enjoy mentoring and supporting other team members by doing code reviews and applying your experience in process and technical leadership
- You have experience working in agile team environments and are a self-starter, conscientious member of the team
Skills & Requirements
*Practical experience with some of the following:
- - OO Analysis and Design & UML
- - Spring, Hibernate/ORM Frameworks
- - Java EE (any container)
- - Eclipse/IntelliJ IDE
- - Java/Objective-C/C++
- - SOAP/REST
- - SQL/HQL
- - Scripting Languages (Smalltalk, Groovy, Ruby, Python, etc)
- - Mobile device programming
- - UI development
- - UN*X (any flavour)
- - Mac-OS
About NthGen Software
We like to take care of our team here at NthGen. Here’s a list of some of the benefits available to our employees:
- - Very competitive salaries
- - 100% employer paid health benefits
- - Free fruit, snacks, pop and cappuccino
- - $200 yearly healthy living credit
- - Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- - Right off the 401 and direct underground access to Sheppard Station
- - Onsite games - Playstation, chess, ..Starcraft leaderboard ;)
- - Casual office with no dress code
- - Flexible work hours
Joel Test score: 11 out of 12
The Joel Test is a twelve-question measure of the quality of a software team.
- Do you use source control?
- Can you make a build in one step?
- Do you make daily builds?
- Do you have a bug database?
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code?
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule?
- Do you have a spec?
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions?
- Do you use the best tools money can buy?
- Do you have testers?
- Do new candidates write code during their interview?
- Do you do hallway usability testing?