Come use your development skills to change the way small businesses run!
If you were here this week, you would have…
- Pushed a few of our 75 continuous deployments (yes, you'll be deploying your first morning on the job)
- Cranked out a new screen for testing with customers that uses a new data visualization approach
- Used RPython to gain 20X performance improvement in our feed processing
- Evaluate Redis to replace memcached and serve as the backend for a Celery task queue
- Hacked the Django model to allow client compartmentalization to allow multiple login access to the data structures
- Used the Google Analytics API to add a customer engagement marketing report
- Pushed the envelope by setting a new high score in Warning Forever on our custom built arcade machine
Skills & Requirements
- You are a fearless engineer with great talent that is only eclipsed by your scrappiness
- You have a strong, insatiable desire to learn and hone your craft
- You have a passion for building and shipping products that people love to use
- You have experience with or an interest in learning Python/Django
- You have a great positive attitude and enjoy working with a team of like-minded folks
- You would like to work in Cambridge (this is not a remote job)
InsightSquared is a well-funded Cambridge startup. We're building a simple yet powerful app that helps hundreds of small businesses make smarter decisions with analytics and visualizations from dozens and ultimately hundreds of sources. We help them grow their business and take down their bigger, slower competition.
We assemble in small product teams that work fast, have fun, and ship often. Your team of engineering, product, and creative peers will drive the operational and strategic decisions needed to move forward. We build on a modern platform (Python/Django). We ship code to production not just daily, but a dozen+ times per day. We test quickly, learn fast, iterate fast, and focus on code that matters.
Please check out our dev blog (http://bit.ly/Pbw8ZT) to get a feeling for our culture. Don't trust us when we say we have the best culture in town. InsightSquared was named by Boston Business Journal in the top 25 small company Best Places to Work in Mass (http://bit.ly/YsWIrv). Drop by Friday after work for a craft brew from our kegerator and try to whip our CTO in ping pong.
Joel Test score: 11 out of 12
The Joel Test is a twelve-question measure of the quality of a software team.
- Do you use source control?
- Can you make a build in one step?
- Do you make daily builds?
- Do you have a bug database?
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code?
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule?
- Do you have a spec?
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions?
- Do you use the best tools money can buy?
- Do you have testers?
- Do new candidates write code during their interview?
- Do you do hallway usability testing?
How to apply
Apply at http://bit.ly/YbZyi9.