Come use your development skills to disrupt the Business Intelligence market with sub-second response, real time data updates, sub-hour integration, and elegant visualizations. Our SaaS app helps businesses make data driven decisions by pulling their sales, marketing, financial, customer service & other data from APIs like Salesforce, QuickBooks, and Google Analytics and presenting over 400 beautiful visualizations and powerful analytics.
If you were here this week, you would have…
- Pushed a few of our 75 continuous deployments (yes, you'll be deploying your first morning on the job)
- Write Python to generate Go code for a multi-threaded service to make our nastiest queries sub-second
- Contributed one of the 5 techniques chosen in an all engineering shoot-out that resulted in a 10X SQL data loading speedup
- Cranked out a new screen for testing with customers that uses a new data visualization approach
- Evaluate Redis to replace memcached and serve as the backend for a Celery task queue
- Hacked the Django model to allow client compartmentalization to allow multiple login access to the data structures
- Used the Google Analytics API to add a customer engagement marketing report
Skills & Requirements
- You have the passion for building the best BI product on the planet
- You are a fearless engineer with great talent that is only eclipsed by your scrappiness
- You have a strong, insatiable desire to learn and hone your craft
- You have experience with or an interest in learning Python/Django
- You have a great positive attitude and enjoy working with a team of like-minded folks
- You would like to work in Cambridge (this is not a remote job)
InsightSquared is a well-funded Cambridge Business Intelligence startup. IS2 won the Stevie Award for Business Intelligence this year. InsightSquared won two separate Best Places to Work in Mass awards from the Boston Globe and the Boston Business Journal
We assemble in small product teams that work fast, have fun, and ship often. Your team of engineering, product, and creative peers will drive the operational and strategic decisions needed to move forward. We build on a modern platform (Python/Django). We ship code to production not just daily, but a dozen+ times per day. We test quickly, learn fast, iterate fast, and focus on code that matters.
Please check out our culture and process dev blog posts to get a feeling for the IS2 experience. But don't trust us when we say we have the best culture in town. Drop by Friday after work for a craft brew and try to whip our CTO in ping pong.
Joel Test score: 11 out of 12
The Joel Test is a twelve-question measure of the quality of a software team.
- Do you use source control?
- Can you make a build in one step?
- Do you make daily builds?
- Do you have a bug database?
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code?
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule?
- Do you have a spec?
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions?
- Do you use the best tools money can buy?
- Do you have testers?
- Do new candidates write code during their interview?
- Do you do hallway usability testing?
How to apply