We look for multi-faceted engineers, capable of understanding all aspects of a client's needs, able to provide business consulting and excited to find new ways to make Quick Left an even better place to work. Is that you? We hope so.
Our engineers are expected to take on responsibilities beyond their technological specialities. Senior engineers furthermore provide leadership to project teams and mentorship to junior developers.
Skills & Requirements
Requirement: Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States without company sponsorship for a work visa.
- Ability to work directly with customers
- Ability to manage a project
- 2+ years Ruby experience
- 5+ years professional programming experience
- Deep understanding of Ruby as a language and Rails as a framework, REST conventions and HTTP
- Enjoy practicing TDD and pair programming
- Strong HTML5 skills
- Strong CSS3 skills
- Experience with PostgreSQL and MySQL
- Familiarity with Git
- Thinking. (It goes a long way.)
- Experience with Python and familiarity with Django
- Standards-based mobile web development
- Usage of non-relational data stores such as Redis, CouchDB, or Riak
Because of our focus on in-person client interaction, we are not currently accepting applications for remote work.
About Quick Left
Quick Left is a web design, development and consulting firm in downtown Boulder, Colorado. We specialize in well-tested and well-thought-out application development and building healthy, trustful relationships with our clients. Our team consists of engineers who are serious about craftsmanship and take pride in leading the industry in best practices and quality of work.
Quick Left builds world class web and mobile applications. We've built our reputation on engineering excellence and are working on expanding that on the national level.
We have led training workshops in Boulder and in San Francisco, spoken at international conferences, taught at the University of Colorado, held hackfests, and run internal training regularly. If you're interested in an opportunity to expand your skills outside of coding, there are plenty of options here at Quick Left.
We're headquartered in downtown Boulder, Colorado, right in the thick of a thriving startup ecosystem. We've also got easy access to great food, beer, and outdoor activities. In the winter, we provide company ski passes to Eldora Ski Resort (just 30 minutes away), and in the summer, we often have group mountain bike rides after work.
As of January 2014, we're also proud to announce that we have growing offices in Portland, Oregon and San Francisco, California!
Joel Test score: 7 out of 12
The Joel Test is a twelve-question measure of the quality of a software team.
- Do you use source control?
- Can you make a build in one step?
- Do you make daily builds?
- Do you have a bug database?
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code?
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule?
- Do you have a spec?
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions?
- Do you use the best tools money can buy?
- Do you have testers?
- Do new candidates write code during their interview?
- Do you do hallway usability testing?