How we work:
Booking.com is the worldwide market leader for on-line hotel reservations with more than 4800 employees and a total of 80+ offices worldwide. Our headquarters is located in the centre of Amsterdam and we offer a dynamic international work environment.
We make our design decisions based on experiments and testing. We receive thousands of visits to our website on a daily basis; therefore we know instantly which experiments work and which don’t.
As a Web Designer you will have graphically strong web design skills, and a good technical understanding of web page creation. In this role you will be involved in the rapid development and enhancement of Booking.com. With your knowledge of user experience in a commercial environment, you will work closely with Senior Designers, Developers and Product Owners, developing ideas into mockups using Photoshop or Fireworks, and ideally you will also be involved in the implementation of HTML and CSS.
Skills & Requirements
- Work together with colleagues of Design, IT and Marketing to improve usability
- Designing and developing the user interface of the Booking.com website with HTML/CSS
- Conduct experiments for improving conversion
- Create mock-ups and web pages
- Strong sense for consistent design of user interfaces, usability and accessibility
- Strong attention to detail
- Familiarity with browser quirks and workarounds, cross-browser, HTML and CSS
- Knowledge of web standards for web development
- Able to work well independently and within a team
- You are an excellent communicator with a pragmatic and hands-on approach to business
- Confident working with version control systems
- Ability to code hand-crafted html
- Expert mastery of cross-browser front-end technologies: HTML and CSS
- Experience in an e-commerce environment
- Experience with templating systems
- Experience with graphical software (e.g. Photoshop and/or Fireworks)
We offer a competitive salary plus bonus, with possibilities for further career opportunities within our fast growing company. This position is open to worldwide candidates and in the case of relocation we will assist you with a relocation package insuring a smooth transition to working and living in the Netherlands.
Booking.com™, part of Priceline.com (Nasdaq:PCLN) is Europe’s leading online hotel reservations agency by room nights sold, attracting over 30 million unique visitors each month via the Internet from both leisure and business markets worldwide.
Established in 1996, Booking.com B.V. guarantees the best prices for any type of property, ranging from small independent hotels to a five star luxury through Booking.com. The Booking.com website is available in 43 languages and offers over 250000 hotels in 178 countries.
The company's headquarters are located in Amsterdam. We have more than 4800 employees working in over 80 offices worldwide, and we are continuously growing.
Come have a look at all our job openings at http://www.booking.com/jobs
How to apply
Please submit your CV and Motivation Letter in English.
IMPORTANT!! All candidates must send a portfolio with personal design contributions or work samples, otherwise the application cannot be taken into consideration.