Our team is made up of 8 full-time developers that work here in our offices along side our graphic design team. We’re looking to add two more developers in the near-future as our user-base continues to grow well over 1.5 million active users.
Each developer has their own passions, so we do our best to tap into those passions by providing projects that each individual can take hold of and get excited about. This includes new features that would help all of our users, or new devices that we should support (like the Apple TV).
Our team works in a collaborative environment where the designers and developers work side-by-side in an open-office part of our office.
We're regularly spending time as a team brainstorming the next big feature that we're going to add to the software for our customers.
Every two weeks lunch is provided for the whole software team. It's a time for different members of the team to talk about new technologies they've learned about that might be helpful to our software or development life cycle.
We support many platforms for our streaming applications, and because the team is not segmented into specializations, everyone gets a chance to help craft the overall experience for these apps -
- iPhone/iPad (iOS)
- Apple TV (tvOS)
- Smart TV (Vizio, Toshiba)
- Fire TV (Coming soon)
- …always looking for more devices to support
We rely on many different tools to help streamline our overall development life cycle, including AWS, GitHub, Team City, Octopus, Visual Studio, xCode and SQL 2014.
Skills & Requirements
- Experience with C# and/or Java
- Familiar with MVC
- Basic understanding of SQL
- Bachelor of Arts or Science required
About RightNow Media
RightNow Media is conveniently located in Richardson near Central Expressway (75) and George Bush Toll Road (190). We’re moving to a new location in McKinney at 121 & Stacy Road in Spring 2016. We have an amazingly creative working environment that has very family friendly hours.
Our team of 100 creative and highly energetic people creates and distributes streaming video content for several thousand churches across the country. We’ve had the privilege of producing video-driven resources with well-known pastors and leaders including Matt Chandler, Max Lucado, Francis Chan, David Platt, Chip Ingram, Louie Giglio, Gary Thomas and others.
These two links will help you learn more about our organization:
- http://www.RightNowMedia.org – the video on the home page demonstrates our desire to distribute streaming video Bible study content.
- http://www.rightnow.org/library - this will give you an idea of the current web platform that we are using to stream all of our content for our subscribers.
If you are interested in applying, please follow these steps:
- Review the 2 websites listed above
- Send a cover letter, resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Software Developer" in the subject line
- In your cover letter please include information about your life and salary requirements.
Joel Test score: 10 out of 12
The Joel Test is a twelve-question measure of the quality of a software team.
- Do you use source control?
- Can you make a build in one step?
- Do you make daily builds?
- Do you have a bug database?
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code?
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule?
- Do you have a spec?
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions?
- Do you use the best tools money can buy?
- Do you have testers?
- Do new candidates write code during their interview?
- Do you do hallway usability testing?