As a Perl Developer, you are responsible for the development and maintenance of our web based systems. In the position you will be required to work both independently and also be part of a team. You are an excellent communicator and have a can-do attitude. Due to the strong growth of our business we are looking for Perl Developers worldwide to join our Amsterdam based IT-team. The position is open to worldwide applicants; you must be willing to relocate to the Netherlands and we will assist you with obtaining a work/residence for you and your dependents (if applicable).
- You design and develop with colleagues new generation, secure, scalable and high performance web based systems.
- Lead projects; coach and train new developers
- Collaborate with Team Leaders to schedule your technical priorities
- Answer questions regarding our current systems
- Solve problems and issues
- Act as an intermediary for complaints and problem
Skills & Requirements
- Pragmatic attitude
- Independent and pro-active work attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Wide demonstrable experience with Object Oriented programming
- Experience with relational databases (preferably MySQL)
- Experience with Linux and Server Side Technologies/HTTP
- At least 2 years of experience with Perl
- Minimum 4 years of experience with software development
- Preferably University level in Math or IT
- Currently living in the Netherlands or prepared to relocate to the Netherlands
Are you ready to relocate to Amsterdam and join an international, result driven, fun & dynamic work environment?
We offer a competitive salary plus bonus, with possibilities for further career opportunities within our fast growing company. This position is open to worldwide candidates and in the case of relocation we will assist you with a relocation package ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in the Netherlands.
Booking.com™, part of Priceline.com (Nasdaq:PCLN) is Europe’s leading online hotel reservations agency by room nights sold, attracting over 30 million unique visitors each month via the Internet from both leisure and business markets worldwide.
Established in 1996, Booking.com B.V. guarantees the best prices for any type of property, ranging from small independent hotels to a five star luxury through Booking.com. The Booking.com website is available in 43 languages and offers over 250000 hotels in 178 countries.
The company's headquarters are located in Amsterdam. We have more than 4800 employees working in over 80 offices worldwide, and we are continuously growing.
Come have a look at all our job openings at http://www.booking.com/jobs
How to apply
Please apply here: