Are you ready to tackle big challenges and help push our technology forward? We’re looking for leaders that will develop creative solutions, and help drive the process. At Intent Media, our engineers are more than coders - everyone has the opportunity to come up with new ideas, to shape the future of our company.
Are you an innovative software engineer with skills equivalent to 5 – 7 years of Java or Ruby experience? Do you want to be a key member of a vibrant, fast-moving and incredibly driven team that knows how to have fun? We’re building our team from 14 to 21 this year. Join us!
About our Agile Engineering Process:
Love your job?
Our employees enjoy coming to work, and we let them know they're valued.
Our vibrant team accomplishes a lot every day, and our management insists upon work/life balance so that we never become stale. We infuse fun and learning time into our days and our vacation policy includes a minimum, but no maximum. Walk into our office and you'll likely find some of us working quietly on challenging projects, a couple of us pairing, someone playing with one of the dogs in the office, and maybe one of our teams out of the office for an off-site work session.
We don’t take ourselves too seriously, but we take our work very seriously. We believe that in order for our employees to produce at their top level, they need to have intimate access to strategic decisions. Our flat structure and open communication allow for innovation from all levels – ideas flow freely.
We don’t need a fancy cover letter. Just let us know why this opportunity caught your eye and why you think you’re a fit. You can attach your resume, a link to your LinkedIn profile, and/or a link to your Github profile, whichever is easiest. You can learn more about our products at http://www.Intentmedia.com and our culture at http://intentmedia.tumblr.com
Competitive compensation and great benefits, including pet insurance, stock options, a $2K learning budget
Willing to relocate new hires and sponsor visa transfers
Skills & Requirements
1. You’re not a jerk. Our respectful, collaborative, open and honest staff and management seek similarly-mined good people to join us.
2. You have a drive to be the best you can be, and an interest in learning new technology.
3. You have experience building sophisticated software in an environment that required you to have a wide range of responsibilities.
4. You are highly competent in at least one of the following:
c. Another programming language (and willing to learn)
5. Bonus points if you have experience with some of the following:
c. Integration Testing with Cucumber (We do track bugs and our stories take the role of a spec)
d. Amazon Web Services
About Intent Media
About Our Product
We’re shaking up the e-commerce industry with a big idea: enabling e-commerce publishers to monetize the 97% of visitors who aren’t buying on their sites. Our technology analyzes hundreds of millions of data points to determine consumer intent. This allows us to deliver incredibly relevant content that maximizes revenue for our customers.
Joel Test score: 10 out of 12
The Joel Test is a twelve-question measure of the quality of a software team.
- Do you use source control?
- Can you make a build in one step?
- Do you make daily builds?
- Do you have a bug database?
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code?
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule?
- Do you have a spec?
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions?
- Do you use the best tools money can buy?
- Do you have testers?
- Do new candidates write code during their interview?
- Do you do hallway usability testing?