Come join our small team (3 devs in-house, 2 QA outsourced) in a fast-growing startup in Kendall Square, Cambridge!
We're an informal and friendly team working with the best technologies ( Scala / Play on the backend, Backbone / Angular / Bootstrap on the front, and iOS in the mix, too) and the best processes ( GitHub, Jenkins, Continuous Integration, Agile ), and we're looking for another great developer to join us.
Experience with the exact buzzwords listed below is less important than generally "getting" development and being someone we can get along with.
Skills & Requirements
What we're using on the frontend. You'll at least know what these are:
- REST API / JSON
- Bootstrap HTML5 Framework
- jQuery Mobile / Touch
What we're using on the backend. Extra points if you're keen on learning these or already know them:
- Play 2 / Scala
About InCrowd, Inc.
InCrowd's on-demand platform provides direct and immediate access to Crowds of screened and targeted healthcare professionals. Specialized crowdsourcing provides answers within hours, even minutes. Question development is fast, easy and specialized for healthcare. Micro surveys facilitate fast response rates. Real time information means our clients know before their competition.
You will work within a smart, cross-functional, good-looking team in our exposed-brick offices near Kendall Square, and be well compensated for your time. Free coffee. Proximity to good burritos. View of new park out the windows.
Joel Test score: 11 out of 12
The Joel Test is a twelve-question measure of the quality of a software team.
- Do you use source control?
- Can you make a build in one step?
- Do you make daily builds?
- Do you have a bug database?
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code?
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule?
- Do you have a spec?
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions?
- Do you use the best tools money can buy?
- Do you have testers?
- Do new candidates write code during their interview?
- Do you do hallway usability testing?