Booking.com is looking for the world’s best Front End Developers all around the globe! Join us at our beautiful headquarters in Amsterdam and work on planet Earth’s #1 accommodation website with some of our industry’s smartest people! You’ll be given the freedom to make meaningful and measurable improvements impacting millions of users.
About the Front End team
Our guiding principle is that by helping our users we help our business. As a developer in our Front End team you will be building the user interfaces of the Booking.com website. You'll be a key part of the idea generation process, working in a small startup-like team which takes full ownership of their part of our platform. You'll work side by side with designers, back end developers, product owners, copywriters and user researchers to conceive, analyze, hand code & test your ideas.
You’re excited about the endless potential of the web, and being able to build things that millions of people can use every day. You’re passionate about your craft, have an excellent eye for detail and an absolute commitment to making sure features are well implemented and bug free. Your core responsibility will be in combining your knowledge and expertise with the goals of our business to deliver a world-class user experience to our diverse, loyal user-base. You’ll be comfortable taking a data-led approach to development, since we make all our decisions based on experiments and testing. You will be a passionate advocate for the user and excited about working in an agile, collaborative environment.
Skills & Requirements
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience with templating languages
- Ability to write high-performance, reusable code
- Experience troubleshooting cross-browser compatibility issues
- Experience in a commercial environment; pragmatic, down to earth approach
- Experience with data-driven product development: analytics, A/B testing, etc
- Empathy for the end user
- Knowledge of version control systems
- Comfortable working on a command line
- 3+ years of experience building websites and applications
- Ability to speak English fluently
- Competitive salary and bonus scheme
- Global relocation package, full support for you and your family
- 26 days paid vacation plus an average of 9 public holidays extra
- Discount on hotel bookings
- Opportunities to attend conferences, internal and external trainings, workshops, etc.
- Vibrant company culture, including our annual Christmas all-hands conference and year-end party!
Does this sound like you?
We want to hear about you and what you can do! Have you updated your portfolio with your examples of your work? Please apply via our website with your English CV and portfolio. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
You are you, we are Booking!
Booking.com is one of the world’s leading e-commerce companies. We are truly global with over 120 offices worldwide. Our employees love having the opportunity to create an even better Booking.com experience for our customers and property partners. We work hard, but play harder.
We are a global company headquartered in the beautiful city of Amsterdam. Our culture is built around good ideas and a collaborative environment. We all share the responsibility to make our company even better. We believe that every employee can add their own unique value to the company, just by being you. We invite you to make your own mark on the company. Together we can set off on an exciting journey.
How to apply
Apply directly on our website http://www.workingatbooking.com/vacancies/front-end-developer with your CV and portfolio