We are looking for a programming superstar to join our team of gifted hardware and software virtuosos. You have the opportunity to be on the ground floor of helping transform an industry with web-based software while making a profound impact on water conservation and helping support our Save Water, Give Life cause. As a key member of the development team, you will be building new features to support the growing business. Our SmartLink application is written in Ruby and runs on the Rails stack backed by a MySQL database. Our infrastructure is hosted on Amazon via cloud services.
Skills & Requirements
- Develop new SmartLink application features that support the expanding business opportunities and requirements
- Help maintain existing code base and optimize for maximum scalability
- Work with the hardware engineering team to optimize hardware and software integration.
- Help identify new software features that can drive additional revenue growth
- Coordinate with contract software developers to maximize development efficiencies.
- Support development of iOS and Android SmartLink Remote Applications.
- Ruby on Rails 3.x experience
- Good knowledge of MySQL and/or ActiveRecord
- Functional knowledge of Ruby socket programming
- Evidence of good user experience design skills
- Candidate must provide examples of functional Ruby applications and clean code
- Amazon AWS experience, EC2/S3/SQS/SES
- Resque / Redis
- Backbone.js / CoffeeScript / jQuery
- CSS3 / SASS / Bootstrap 3
- Rabl / Haml / slim