Engineering Manager - Applications
The Engineering Manager, Applications possesses the aptitude to provide technical leadership, contributes to the strategic engineering vision of the company, and builds the future of the organization through successful hiring practices. At the intersection between Product, Design, and Leadership, this is a unique opportunity to leverage Climate’s powerful platform, massive depth of data and cutting edge modeling to deliver an easy-to-use disruptive set of products that makes a real world difference.
What you will do:
- Lead and inspire a team of world-class engineers to ship code.
- Drive cross-functional collaboration with the Product, Design, and Reliability teams to build high quality, robust products. These core products enable our customers to make critical business operations and risk management decisions with clarity and comfort.
- Motivate and provide necessary tools for engineers to work with the confidence to create simple solutions to complex problems.
- Leverage massive datasets that power the Climate Corporation’s technologies to make a real world difference.
- Fearlessly drive an efficient and effective Agile software development process to manage a deep backlog and launch iteratively developed products.
- Ensure stability of Climate’s product through robust, scalable and fault tolerant software development practices
- Act as an active source of engineering talent and work with recruiting teams to build and scale the future of engineering at The Climate Corporation.
- Align the team’s goals and objectives towards the “Bigger Picture” of the Climate Corporation.
Skills & Requirements
What you bring to the table:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related engineering field
- 10+ years of professional work experience, at least 3+ years managing a dynamic engineering team
- Multiple proof points of success delivering successful products from concept to launch
- Demonstrated ability to grow and lead a team of engineers in a fast paced startup environment
- Proven ability to build world class products using Agile/Scrum or similar development/management practices
- Deep understanding of the user experience essential to delivering a successful web-based applications and the technologies required to build it
- Ability to architect, perform design and code reviews for consumer-facing applications on web platforms
- Genuine passion for working with big data and open source technologies to make a real world difference.
About The Climate Corporation
The Climate Corporation’s mission is to help all the world’s people and businesses manage and adapt to climate change. To achieve our mission, we have built a unique technology platform to enable, for the first time, the real-time pricing and purchasing of customizable weather insurance. Managing over 200 TB of data, including 34 trillion+ weather simulation data points, 150 billion soil type observations, and more than 3 million daily weather measurements, we are one of the largest users of Amazon Web Services.
The Climate Corporation is focused on the enormous challenge and opportunity of protecting the $3 trillion global agriculture industry from the financial impact of adverse weather – the cause of over 90 percent of crop loss – with fully automated weather insurance products. We are also building web and mobile applications that unleash the power of our unique data and analyses to help farmers manage their daily work with field-level weather and crop insights.
See our video about what it’s like to work at The Climate Corporation: http://goo.gl/7Ynbb
What We Offer
Our team is composed of some of the most brilliant interdisciplinary minds in the industry. Climatology Specialists, Big Data Engineers, Mathematicians, Front end Application Engineers and more work together to create the most forward thinking technology in the industry. The environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with dozens of specialties coming together to provide the best product possible product and experience for our customers. As Mark Twain said, “A great deal has been said about the weather, but very little has been done about it.” Our goal is to change that.
- Competitive salary, excellent benefits, and some of the best perks in the industry, including:
- Generous stock options. Our success is your success.
- Catered lunch 5 days a week from a varied array of San Francisco eateries.
- Endless snacks and company-paid dinner.
- “3-On 1-Off” Sprints. That means that 25% of your time is spent working on your own innovations for the company.
- Company sponsored outings, including go-kart races, kayaking, holiday yacht parties, and sporting events, etc.
- An always-stocked kegerator.
- Energetic idea-driven work environment with an exciting culture
- Exciting world-changing opportunity - we are solving problems that have a massive impact on the world
- A driven, talented team that aims to make a large-scale impact through an innovative technology platform
Follow us on Twitter @ClimateCorpEng
How to apply
Link to Apply: http://hire.jobvite.com/j/?cj=oC8xWfwX&s=stack