deviantART, Inc. is looking for a DevOps engineer. This is a remote position and the rest of the DevOps team is remote as well.
We're an Alexa top-150 site and have an infrastructure to match that. However, our DevOps team is small. For leverage, we automate as much as possible and build tools when they don't already exist.
You'll be working directly with a few other senior DevOps engineers. You will not have to report to any non-engineer managers.
We're looking for someone who:
- Is comfortable at the Linux commandline.
- Knows at least 1 programming/scripting language.
- Understands the basics of TCP/IP.
- Uses Git or SVN.
- Has good trouble-shooting and debugging skills.
- Can work independently and is self-motivated.
Here's some recent work that DevOps has done:
- Began transitioning from ISO-88601 to UTF-8.
- Built a deployment system based on Git, Buildbot, and Puppet.
- Worked with developers to improve database query performance.
- Setup Cacti monitoring for a new service.
- Transitioned some SVN repositories to Git.
- Setup an InnoDB backup system.
- Created a new file storage system for > 1 petabyte of data.
Skills & Requirements
You're a great fit for us if you:
- Have experience with Puppet, Cacti, and/or other cluster management software.
- Understand relational databases (MySQL, etc.).
- Have used compilers/linkers/build tools.
- Know how to use strace, gdb, tcpdump, etc.
- Have compiled your own kernel.
- Have a good sense of humor.
- Are always thinking "What happens if this fails?".
- Like to document things.
We enjoy looking at code samples. Please include links to your github account, etc.
deviantART.com is home to the largest art community on earth. Home to over 15 million registered members and over 125 million unique artist generated works of art. deviantART is also a massive social network with visitor and page view totals that place it in the top 100 of all trafficked websites on the Internet.
How to apply
Please apply using the following URL:
Or directly from our site by using the "Careers" tab at the bottom of the page