Namely is a NYC based, agile startup dedicated to building and creating people management solutions for businesses of all sizes, including ad agencies, media companies and tech firms. We have active, paying clients using our product who are enthusiastic and excited to be involved in the features we are building.
We are looking for a skilled developer to contribute ideas, innovation, solutions and code to our product.
Developers work out of Greenpoint, Brooklyn.
Skills & Requirements
Highly desired skills:
- Experience building, shipping, and maintaining web apps on the server level with an OO language and framework. Ideally has experience with Ruby on Rails
- Experience working with a SQL database using either raw SQL or Active Record objects.
- Experience working with and creating raw HTML / CSS from PSDs or design documents.
- Experience with version control and group repositories, comfortable working intimately on a codebase with other developers.
Nice to have skills:
- Experience using test-driven development methods.
- Experience with creating or maintaining a web server in a Unix based environment.
- HTML5 and Canvas experience.
- Experience with Statistics or Data processing
- Security best practices
- Agile-based development, including sprints and standup meetings. Comfortable using collaborative software to track development tasks.
- Familiar with both agency and startup settings, and comfortable working with UX, Designers, Producers, and Product Managers.
- Strong communication and writing ability. Comfortable communicating high level tech ideas to both developers and non developers.
- Strong QA and bug fixing abilities. Comfortable using bug tracking software.
- Independent, resourceful learner.
How to apply
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com . No recruiters, please.