Do you want to help improve the safety of air travel?
Do you want to be sure that your neighbour’s pacemaker won’t suffer a kernel panic?
Do you hate it when your software crashes in the middle of a video call with some cute someone?
Do you believe that the quality of our lives depends on correct and efficient software?
So far, Codility has tested 900K+ software engineers for Amazon, Samsung, Square, TripAdvisor, Harvard, MIT and 1200+ other businesses worldwide. This is just the beginning, and there are only 20 of us!
Our story began in China, where Greg, our founder, wrote a tool to help his team screen candidates for technical interviews. This idea evolved into a startup that helps legions of engineers to recruit and be recruited in a merit-based, efficient and enjoyable way.
You will work in a small team (10 at the moment) of excellent programmers to implement new features and refactor mercilessly. You will work on our core technologies, which include self-improving test sets, programming language translators, a secure execution sandbox, elastic pricing models and fuzzy code comparison, as well as on new ideas. You will be responsible for writing well-structured code that is fun to work with, both for yourself and for others.
Skills & Requirements
You are smart and get things done. Also:
* You can code blindfolded in at least one imperative programming language (we don’t care which)
* You learn fast (in particular, we’ll need you up to speed in Python in two weeks from day one)
* You understand computer science
* You are brave about attacking complex problems
* You thrive in a startup environment
* You are curious and driven.
Warsaw and our office
Warsaw is a booming cosmopolitan wannabe with a growing tech startup scene.
We are a healthy mixture of engineers and business people. There are daily challenges and lots of fast learning involved. This is the best job we had so far.
We work from a loft office in the city centre (Metro Ratusz Arsenał) with Warsaw Hackerspace in the basement. Our office has a hammock and a flying helicopter, but the work we do is serious. From time to time we open the office for meetups, co-workers and our friends.
You can also check us out yourself :) http://www.flickr.com/photos/codility
* relocation assistance
* your dream equipment
* growth budget (conferences, mentors, workshops, classes - you name it)
* private medical insurance
* unlimited Amazon book orders.
Convince us with
* a 1-page CV in PDF format or your on-line profile
* a note telling us why a start-up job attracts you; three things you (dis)like about Codility; and what your greatest challenge has been to date.
(No generic cover letters, please.)