Bloomberg offers products and services that provide essential, highly differentiated data, news, insights, and analytics to critical decision-makers in industries all over the world. To stay ahead of emerging cyber threats, Bloomberg is seeking a senior principal information security engineer to identify and mitigate information security risks to the organization. The role reports into the CSO's office and the candidate will be responsible for identifying and mitigating infosec risk, protecting corporate information assets, disaster recovery planning, and project management. The candidate will work with the office of the CTO, R&D, and the Information Systems group to secure the organization.
Skills & Requirements
- 18+ years of experience in mitigating enterprise information security risk
- Masters degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering
- Solid understanding of infosec risks faced by large enterprises
- Knowledge of network-based attacks, malicious software, social engineering attacks, web/e-mail threats, the kill chain, and mitigation
- Experience assembling threat indicators from available sources and leveraging them to defend the enterprise.
- Understanding of networking protocols: IP/UDP/TCP/NAT/MPLS
- Strong familiarity with security protocols: SSL, IPsec, VPN technologies
- Working knowledge of cryptography, PKI, smart cards, and authentication methods
- Experience with acquiring and analyzing bulk log data for security events and alerting using Splunk or other technology
- Strong familiarity with network IDS and host-based intrusion prevention systems and best-of-breed solutions
- Working knowledge of software security, exploits, vulnerability analysis, fuzzing, and how software fails
- Knowledge of the software development life-cycle (SDLC), software and database security best practices, and previous software development experience
- Strong knowledge of operating system security concepts as well as Unix or Windows security in particular
- Understanding of multi-level security and data classification as well as solutions for controlling access to data
- Experience piloting and deploying data loss prevention (DLP) systems
- Deep understanding of enterprise governance, risk, and compliance
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements in the financial sector
- Disaster recovery planning
- Ability to manage projects, pilot technology solutions, prepare budgets, and report findings to senior management
About Bloomberg L.P.
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company’s strength – delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately – is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 315,000 subscribers globally. Bloomberg’s enterprise solutions build on the company’s core strength, leveraging technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively. Through Bloomberg Law, Bloomberg Government, Bloomberg New Energy Finance and Bloomberg BNA, the company provides data, news and analytics to decision makers in industries beyond finance. And Bloomberg News, delivered through the Bloomberg Professional service, television, radio, mobile, the Internet and three magazines, Bloomberg Businessweek, Bloomberg Markets and Bloomberg Pursuits, covers the world with more than 2,400 news and multimedia professionals at more than 150 bureaus in 73 countries. Headquartered in New York, Bloomberg employs more than 15,000 people in 192 locations around the world.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.