The BI Programmer/Analyst is responsible for developing business analytics and reporting for the company using Microsoft BI delivery tools employed at BAF (e.g., SQL Server Reporting Services (Report Builder), Visual Stuido (.Net), SharePoint, Excel Services, etc.). S/he will independently interact with users to understand their requirements and deliver solutions in a timely manner. In addition, this position will support the development of improved reporting structures, datamarts, and ETL processes. This position will be based in beautiful Eastern Idaho (close to Jackson, WY and Yellowstone). Leadership and the ability to successfully work with business users and gain their trust is essential!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Use reporting and analytics delivery skills to produce accurate business information in a timely fashion with a strong emphasis on usability and performance. Work directly with users on requirements discovery and provide business requirement analysis to support business objectives and user needs.
- Use and understand disparate data sources in the company and improve information collection and organization (data modeling).
- Serve as a key developer for reporting table or view development, improved or new datamarts, and ETL processes, with guidance from a Lead PA where needed.
- Research and stay aware of Information Technology trends and tools and be prepared to share knowledge with the rest of the team where appropriate.
- Assist with the troubleshooting and diagnosis of complex application, report, and/or data issues. Develop solutions to correct those issues when appropriate and validate the results.
Skills & Requirements
- Expertise in SQL Server Reporting Services, Report Builder, PowerView, SharePoint, Excel Services, and PowerPivot
- Expertise in Query Building (SQL) and data modeling
- Expertise in Visual Studio.Net, ASP.Net, and SharePoint Designer
- Experience in Requirements Gathering and Rapid Delivery Methodologies such as Agile
- Working knowledge of Crystal Reports
- Working knowledge of ETL tools (Informatica, SSIS, e.g.)
- Familiarity with trends in Mobile and Cloud (SaaS)
- Advanced skills in Business Intelligence, information delivery, data modeling, and development
- Results orientation and execution - ability to work independently, multi-task, and meet deadlines
- Ability to quickly understand business needs and work closely with users on requirements discovery
- Decision making and problem solving skills
- Project management and user interaction skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to assimilate information rapidly
About Basic American Foods, Inc.
Family owned and operated since our founding in 1933, Basic American Foods has the best selling line of shelf-stable potatoes and beans today by combining consumer preferred taste with exceptional convenience. Our ongoing innovation (40+ patents) focuses on continuously meeting customer needs.
Our convenient potato and bean products are made from 100% USA grown potatoes and beans. They are cooked, dried and packaged utilizing our proprietary technology and stringent quality specifications to lock in flavor and texture for that "from scratch" taste in every batch.
Our foodservice brands include:
- Potato Pearls® Mashed Potatoes
- Golden Grill® Hashbrowns and Cut Potatoes
- Classic Casserole® Potato Casseroles
- Savory Series™ Sides
- Santiago® Beans and Chili
How to apply
Please go here to apply: