DataOne Software (dataonesoftware.com), a Dominion Enterprises company, is seeking a talented, versatile, and entrepreneurial LAMP/PHP Software Developer for our Beverly, MA office.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a small team and make a BIG impact. DataOne is not your typical software development shop. We don't employ an army of coders and testers, manufacturing narrowly defined widgets spec'd out by a team of product managers. We don't put anybody on bug-fixing or pixel-moving duty for months while others work on exciting new projects. And, at the same time, we don't employ cowboy coders or roll out untested, buggy code. Instead, our small team of talented and versatile programmers are expected to contribute whatever the work requires, and each member of our team is responsible for our projects from the idea stage all the way through development, testing, deployment, and revision.
This is not the place to blend in or punch the clock. We offer the opportunity to make major contributions to our business and coaching to help you reach your full potential. In return we expect talent, creativity, accuracy, and a strong desire to be awesome.
Skills & Requirements
- B.S. In Computer Science, Engineering, a related field, or equivalent work experience
- 2 or more years of serious, non-academic software development experience
- 1 or more years of professional Web Application development preferred
- Some experience programming on your own (non-academic, non-professional) strongly preferred
- Proficiency with PHP -OR- mastery of at least one other object oriented programming language
- Mastery of SQL fundamentals and basic understanding of relational database concepts
- Understanding of Linux CLI basics (ability to traverse filesystem, use vim/emacs)
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Positive attitude, and a strong entrepreneurial spirit
- Exceptional standards for your own work
About DataOne Software
Dominion Enterprises is a leader in providing resources, information, and web services to the real estate, apartment, specialty vehicle, employment, and travel industries. We offer a dynamic environment, excellent growth opportunities, competitive earnings, and a comprehensive benefits package including a generous 401(k). Dominion Enterprises is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports Workplace Diversity. Drug Testing Employer.
Please include a cover letter with your resume. This is a full-time position at our Beverly, MA office, not a freelance / telecommute opportunity. No recruiters, please.