LearnVest is searching for a talented and passionate Front-End Engineer to join our fast growing New York City startup. LearnVest front-end engineers help build the intuitive and interactive interfaces that power the LearnVest content and tools seen and used by millions each month.
Skills & Requirements
- Portfolio showing your talents in action.
- Passion for semantic cross-browser CSS/HTML.
- Familiarity working in a Unix environment.
- Easily collaborate with other engineers, designers and product managers.
- Familiarity with page speed and optimization techniques.
- Abreast of current trends, best practices and web standards (HTML5, CSS3).
- Understanding of usability and interaction design.
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience with server side programming and frameworks (we’re a Java/PHP shop).
- Open Source CMS Experience, Wordpress, Drupal. Mobile web development experience.
- Experience with new web technologies. backbone.js, Twitter Bootstrap, LESS CSS, Nginx.
- Active participant and contributor to the open source community.
About LearnVest Inc.
LearnVest is widely recognized as one of New York’s top venture-backed startups and a revolutionary player in the personal finance industry. The company’s mission is to provide stellar content, tools and support to help people gain control of their personal finances. LearnVest leverages innovative technology to provide dynamic, affordable financial advice to a national client base. Every day, we empower people across the country to start and continue the journey to living their richest lives.
LearnVest has been covered by The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Inc. Magazine, and Vanity Fair. The company has been named one of “25 Women-Run Startups to Watch” by Fast Company, included on Forbes’ list of the “Top 100 Websites for Women” for the second year in a row, featured on Business Insider’s Digital 100 list and included on Time Magazine’s annual list of “50 Best Websites.”
How to apply
Please apply at: https://hire.jobvite.com/j?cj=oAldYfwQ&s=StackOverflow