Here's what you'll be doing:
• Developing highly-scalable web and mobile apps with a focus on security
• Becoming a Scala web framework expert using Lift
• Building our internal REST API in Scala
Skills & Requirements
Here's what you need:
• 3+ years of real industry experience with Java or C#
• Expert-level design experience, including knowledge of common design patterns and relevant libraries
• Familiarity with Scala, or a strong interest to learn
• Familiarity with a NoSQL database such as MongoDB
And for bonus points:
• Hands-on experience using Scala with the Lift framework
• You understand the ins and outs of document design with MongoDB
About Audax Health
Purpose, mastery and autonomy. We provide all three at Audax Health (http://www.audaxhealth.com), a startup that's revolutionizing health and the face of health care. Work for the purpose of improving millions of people's wellness and lifestyles. Help build our platform which includes Scala using the Lift framework, MongoDB, RabbitMQ and Elasticsearch. Join an elite team of engineers and have the autonomy to architect the full solutions that scale to fit our user growth.
Joel Test score: 10 out of 12
The Joel Test is a twelve-question measure of the quality of a software team.
- Do you use source control?
- Can you make a build in one step?
- Do you make daily builds?
- Do you have a bug database?
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code?
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule?
- Do you have a spec?
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions?
- Do you use the best tools money can buy?
- Do you have testers?
- Do new candidates write code during their interview?
- Do you do hallway usability testing?