Join a fast moving team within Bloomberg R&D to develop high quality legal research solutions. Bloomberg is looking for a UI developer to build innovative applications, new product features, and to improve our application platform. You should be able to solve difficult problems related to building and designing large scale web applications in a pragmatic and creative way. As a key contributor, you will participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle.
Skills & Requirements
- BS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or comparable experience
- Experience building large scale client facing web applications backed by a service oriented architecture
- 3+ years of experience with Ruby on Rails
- Understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices
- Ability to develop web layouts using HTML and CSS that match visual design intent while providing structure for application functionality
- Ability to build and use bootstrap CSS frameworks and experience with HAML and SASS is a strong plus.
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Visual design acumen and understanding of UX principles and best practices
- Legal or Financial domain expertise is a strong plus
- Knowledge of software engineering practices required for working in large groups, such as software development life cycles, coding standards, code reviews, distributed revision control systems, continuous test/build/deploy, and production support
About Bloomberg L.P.
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company’s strength – delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately – is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 315,000 subscribers globally. Bloomberg’s enterprise solutions build on the company’s core strength, leveraging technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively. Through Bloomberg Law, Bloomberg Government, Bloomberg New Energy Finance and Bloomberg BNA, the company provides data, news and analytics to decision makers in industries beyond finance. And Bloomberg News, delivered through the Bloomberg Professional service, television, radio, mobile, the Internet and three magazines, Bloomberg Businessweek, Bloomberg Markets and Bloomberg Pursuits, covers the world with more than 2,400 news and multimedia professionals at more than 150 bureaus in 73 countries. Headquartered in New York, Bloomberg employs more than 15,000 people in 192 locations around the world.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please go to: