Ask one of our developers what they like about their job. 9 times out of 10, it will be they love programming. We hire people who are passionate about programming so just by virtue of your reading this job description we hope you are passionate about programming and writing quality code. We are growing our salesforce.com practice and looking to add developers to the team. We like the get 'er done attitude because hey we get things done. If you can't, don't or won't, Sonoma is probably not the place for you. Creativity, collaboration, and code, oh my!
Who you are:
- Someone with at least 1 year of salesforce.com experience. Salesforce.com certification a plus
- Someone with a few years of general development experience, so you “get" how your code works and the principles behind good coding practices
- Someone who picks up ideas and concepts quickly and is a jack knife problem solver
Who you aren’t:
- Someone who copies and pastes code without knowing what that code is doing
- Someone who gets easily frustrated and gives up when presented with a challenge
- Dead weight. Dead weight sinks ships and we are floating right along.
Chicago-based Sonoma Partners provides technology and business process consulting services to enterprise and mid-sized companies. With a focus on salesforce.com and Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Sonoma Partners also deploys mobility solutions for the iPad and Windows 8 tablets. Yes we are sitting at the cool companies table with flexible schedules, work from home, pinball machines, happy hours, and casual clothes but most people just love our people. People-loving people who love programming. Does it get any better than this?
Skills & Requirements
- Minimum 1 year of salesforce.com experience - You already understand the basics
- 2-5 years of general development experience - You knowing programming concepts will make all of our lives easier
- Bachelor's degree (Computer Science or Engineering) - We want to know you know how to learn and apply new skills quickly
- Self-starter and be able to handle multiple tasks and priorities - We hate micromanaging and hand-holding, we're sure you do too
- Enjoy working at an entrepreneurial company - That whole kindred spirits thing, creativity fosters creativity
- Highly motivated and dependable
About Sonoma Partners LLC
Sonoma Partners offers its employees an exciting, creative and fast-paced working environment. Unlike traditional consulting firms that base their hiring practices on expecting high employee turnover, Sonoma Partners hires people that can grow with our company. We hire only the brightest minds, then we invest heavily in them and provide a culture where they can do their work...instead of wasting their time fighting office politics.
Don't just take our word for it though, we have multiple awards to back us up. Awards Woo Hoo! We must be doing something right. Here are some perks that go above and beyond the basics:
- A flexible work arrangement named SWEET, which allows employees to work when and where you want (including work-from-home at your discretion and the ability to flex your schedule around your personal commitments).
- Lots of company events, including quarterly outings and celebrations company lunches and happy hours. Beer and pizza at company meetings.
- A unique office environment (no Dilbert-like cube farms).
- Be a part of a rapidly growing and exciting company, help define our business processes using your expertise. You think something is wrong with one of our processes or you have an idea? Pitch it and try and make it happen. That's how things get done around here.
- Turning a year older? Get a day off. We want you to celebrate your birthday in style which does not include coming to work that day.
Joel Test score: 11 out of 12
The Joel Test is a twelve-question measure of the quality of a software team.
- Do you use source control?
- Can you make a build in one step?
- Do you make daily builds?
- Do you have a bug database?
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code?
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule?
- Do you have a spec?
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions?
- Do you use the best tools money can buy?
- Do you have testers?
- Do new candidates write code during their interview?
- Do you do hallway usability testing?
How to apply
Head to our site and apply online:
Or you can email me but please only email me if you are a candidate. We don't use outside recruiters.
My name is Vickie and if you are a salesforce developer hit me up with your resume.