Job DescriptionThoughtWorks is synonymous with innovation. We’re dedicated to the art of perfecting software delivery by keeping it lightweight, fast-moving and open-source. Our clients are people and organizations with ambitious missions – whether they’re in the commercial, social, or government sectors. They trust us to deliver the disruptive thinking and technology that empowers them to succeed. By joining ThoughtWorks, you join a diverse community of bright individuals whose purpose is to revolutionize software design, creation and delivery, while advocating for positive social change. In our 20th year, over 2300 ThoughtWorkers are currently serving clients from offices across 11 countries. We're seeking passionate technologists, regardless of background to work with us. We want hackers, philosophers, activists – courageous people with good hearts and creative approaches to problem-solving. As a Quality Assurance Analyst here’s what you can do at ThoughtWorks:
Learn something new everyday.
Travel the world.
Speak at conferences.
Write blogs and books.
Start new offices in places you’ve never been before.
Think through hard problems, and work with a team to make them reality.
Work in a dynamic, collaborative, transparent, non-hierarchal, and ego-free culture where your talent is valued over a role title
Develop your career outside of the confinements of a traditional career path by focusing on what you’re passionate about rather than a predetermined one-size-fits-all plan
Come up with testing strategies that meet the ever-changing requirements of our user-centric solutions and business goals
Design, build, and test critical and complex custom-designed, multi-tier, business applications that use a wide range of current technologies
Mentor and evangelize Agile, Lean, and Continuous Development testing best practices
Utilize your hands-on skills while providing leadership and strategic guidance to the teams and client
Skills & Requirements
- Commercial experience as a QA engineer/software developer with a significant focus on test automation
- Experience with all aspects of test automation: functional, performance, stress, etc.
- Experience with more than one of the leading test automation tools and frameworks, closed-tools such as QTP and open-source tools such as Sahi, Selenium, Watir/N, Fitness, and Cucumber etc.
- Experience with testing products with the following technology stacks (or equivalent): Ruby, Java, .NET, SQL, XML, web services
- Experience in testing web applications with knowledge of browsers and user-interface testing techniques
- Knowledge of software best practices like test-driven development (TDD), behavioral-driven development (BDD), and continuous integration
- Experience in mentoring and executing Agile, Lean, and Continuous Delivery best practices
- A disruptive attitude towards technology innovation
- A willingness to do what it takes to get the job done. Whether that means going back to the drawing board with a problem or simply taking on different roles and responsibilities for a period of time you thrive at adapting to changing environments.
Our North America offices are in Chicago, Dallas, New York, Atlanta, San Francisco, and Toronto. Relocation isn't necessary if you live in one of these cities. If you live elsewhere, please let us know to which one you are willing to relocate to.
ThoughtWorks - A software company and community of passionate individuals whose purpose is to revolutionize software design, creation and delivery, while advocating for positive social change. Our clients are people and organizations with ambitious missions; we deliver disruptive thinking and technology to empower them to succeed.
In our 20th year, over 2300 ThoughtWorks employees - ‘ThoughtWorkers’ - are currently serving clients from offices in Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Germany, India, Singapore, South Africa, Uganda, the U.K., and the U.S.