What You’ll be Doing:
As a Software Engineer at TechSmith, you will be part of a team that serves up leading edge software products, including Snagit, Camtasia Studio, and Morae. Explore emerging technologies in an agile, collaborative, and user centered environment that develops software and services for millions of users per month. At TechSmith we take pride in creating exceptional work experiences, encouraging innovation, and being involved with our employees, customers and communities. If you are a customer-centric, passionate developer who feels strongly about building world class software, we’d like to talk to you.
Compensation and Perks:
At TechSmith, we love our employees and are always looking for ways to reward outstanding performance. Our compensation is competitive and based on skills and experience. As a full-time employee you will receive the standard TechSmith benefits package including health insurance, paid time off, 401(k) program, etc. We offer you a unique and growing company culture where you can enjoy your work and advance your career. We wear jeans, drink free pop, and enjoy company-sponsored events. If this sounds like a place you would like to work, please submit your resume and cover letter along with your salary requirements.
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree (Computer Science or a closely related field, or equivalent work experience)
- Superior programming, analytical and problem solving skills in creating object oriented, event driven, multi-threaded software
- A proven passion for creating software with excellence and innovation
- Solid understanding of software engineering principles and the software development process
- Experience with Visual Studio tools (C++/MFC/COM, C#/.NET and the Microsoft Windows environment)
- Self-motivated and able to collaborate with a diverse set of people from many disciplines
- You must be legally authorized to work in the United States without an employer-sponsored petition for a visa, such as an H-1B visa. TechSmith does not intend to file any visa applications in connection with this opening.
- Commercial software development experience with multimedia programming or web services
- User interface design experience a plus (e.g. WPF, XAML)
- Fluency in a foreign language is a big plus
- At least 3 years industry experience developing Windows desktop or server applications
About TechSmith Corporation
TechSmith is a software company based just outside of Lansing, Michigan in Okemos. Our software is innovative, fun and easy to use. And with over 250 smart, creative and hard-working employees, it just keeps getting better, and better. We’re always looking for the latest and greatest in our software, and our employees. So who knows, maybe you’ll come up with our next best thing?
Joel Test score: 11 out of 12
The Joel Test is a twelve-question measure of the quality of a software team.
- Do you use source control?
- Can you make a build in one step?
- Do you make daily builds?
- Do you have a bug database?
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code?
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule?
- Do you have a spec?
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions?
- Do you use the best tools money can buy?
- Do you have testers?
- Do new candidates write code during their interview?
- Do you do hallway usability testing?