Why You'll Love Working Here:
Working at TechSmith gives you a chance to hone your skills in an open, collaborative, and innovative environment where you can be excited to come into work every single day.
We are a technological melting pot, comprised of nearly 250 uniquely skilled human beings that will continue to stretch your comfort zone – but in a good way. And speaking of comfort, who doesn’t love to show up to work in jeans, eat free snacks, and drink free pop?
With great products and maybe even better people behind them, we are always looking for passionate, fun, and, hardworking individuals who truly enjoy coming to work and doing what they love. Sounds like you? We’d love to chat.
What You’ll be Doing:
Ready to change the way the world works? As a Mobile Software Engineer at TechSmith, you have a chance to develop innovative new technology products, as well as your career, by creating software in the new mobile world. Enhance your expertise alongside fellow talented professionals, where you’ll develop some of the most exciting mobile software solutions on the market. At TechSmith we take pride in creating exceptional work experiences, encouraging innovation, and being involved with our employees, customers and communities. If you are a customer-centric, passionate developer who feels strongly about building world class mobile software, we’d like to talk to you.
Compensation and Perks:
At TechSmith, we love our employees and are always looking for ways to reward outstanding performance. Our compensation is competitive and based on skills and experience. As a full-time employee you will receive the standard TechSmith benefits package including health insurance, paid time off, 401(k) program, etc. We offer you a unique and growing company culture where you can enjoy your work and advance your career. We wear jeans, drink free pop, and enjoy company-sponsored events. If this sounds like a place you would like to work, please submit your resume and cover letter along with your salary requirements.
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree (Computer Science or a closely related field, or equivalent work experience)
- Superior programming, analytical and problem solving skills in creating object oriented, event driven, multi-threaded software
- A passion for creating software with excellence and innovation
- Solid understanding of software engineering principles and the software development process
- Self-motivated and able to collaborate with a diverse set of people from many disciplines
- You must be legally authorized to work in the United States without an employer-sponsored petition for a visa, such as an H-1B visa. TechSmith does not intend to file any visa applications in connection with this opening.
- Passion and excitement for learning new technologies and building mobile applications
- Experience developing and deploying mobile applications for the iOS, Android, or Windows mobile platforms
- Experience with common mobile development languages such as Objective C, Java, C#/.NET, or C++
- Touch/Mobile user interface design experience a plus
- Experience with web services
- Experience using mobile technologies (geolocation, social media integration, cloud services, and push notifications)
About TechSmith Corporation
TechSmith is a software company based just outside of Lansing, Michigan in Okemos. Our software is innovative, fun and easy to use. And with over 250 smart, creative and hard-working employees, it just keeps getting better, and better. We’re always looking for the latest and greatest in our software, and our employees. So who knows, maybe you’ll come up with our next best thing?
Joel Test score: 11 out of 12
The Joel Test is a twelve-question measure of the quality of a software team.
- Do you use source control?
- Can you make a build in one step?
- Do you make daily builds?
- Do you have a bug database?
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code?
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule?
- Do you have a spec?
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions?
- Do you use the best tools money can buy?
- Do you have testers?
- Do new candidates write code during their interview?
- Do you do hallway usability testing?