We are looking for programmers who are passionate about open source. If you'd like to get paid to write open source software, you should speak with us.
Fusionbox offers custom web development solutions to a wide range of clients using new technologies.
Skills & Requirements
We are looking for programmers with a deep understanding of design patterns, who can not only make their way around an ORM, but can contribute to its development, who have a constant and perpetual concern for both security and performance. We're looking for hackers.
- You must have a thorough understanding of the Django framework
- Experience with ORMs, database design and normalization, working with PostgreSQL, MySQL, as well as familiarity with non-relational databases like mongo and couchdb
- Skillful in a *nix type of computing environment
- Mastery of a powerful text editor (Vim, Textmate, Emacs, etc.)
- Uses version control on a regular basis (Git, Mercurial)
- Can work with a typical LAMP stack or variations (Nginx, Lighttpd, IIS, etc.)
- Understands best practices of security on the web
- Understands when and when not to employ design patterns.
- Understands regular expressions and their proper applications
- Understands the important of validation in XHTML and HTML5
- Eager to contribute to the open source community
- Loves to program in a team environment
Fusionbox is a place for talented people who are serious about the craft of programming. We are committed to the open source community and Pythonic sensibility.