The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on a variety of systems that support Enterprise Products and Services (EPS), a new and exciting area of Bloomberg. EPS is the fastest growing business in Bloomberg and has the potential to have a tremendous impact on the market. Our team is tasked with creating state of the art tools to support product implementation as well as client-facing tools to allow clients to manage their data distribution, along with their user and application permissions. We also support mission critical APIs for real time access verification; and more. Team's area of responsibilities includes a wide range of development opportunities covering areas of front end, backend and even data warehousing. The candidate will be exposed to a variety of domains and technologies; have enormous opportunities to learn, contribute ideas and enjoy being a member of our diverse and amazing team.
Technological opportunities include:
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor of Science/MS/PhD Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Finance or Related Field (or equivalent expertise)
- 5 years of software engineering experience with Object Oriented Languages
- 5 years of experience developing stored procedures, performing optimization and query tuning, and designing databases
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to learn on the fly combined with a natural curiosity that propels one to become an expert in the field in a short period of time
- Desire and ability to share ideas, create amazing software, fight for what is right, and be a great team player
- Solid verbal and written Communication skills
- UI Design experience is a plus.
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company’s strength – delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately – is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 315,000 subscribers globally. Bloomberg’s enterprise solutions build on the company’s core strength, leveraging technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively. Through Bloomberg Law, Bloomberg Government, Bloomberg New Energy Finance and Bloomberg BNA, the company provides data, news and analytics to decision makers in industries beyond finance. And Bloomberg News, delivered through the Bloomberg Professional service, television, radio, mobile, the Internet and three magazines, Bloomberg Businessweek, Bloomberg Markets and Bloomberg Pursuits, covers the world with more than 2,400 news and multimedia professionals at more than 150 bureaus in 73 countries. Headquartered in New York, Bloomberg employs more than 15,000 people in 192 locations around the world.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please go to: