We believe the most successful engineering orgs move quick and communicate efficiently. To facilitate this, we keep our teams small at at 3-7 members, use Scrum methodology, and run two week sprints with daily stands up. The first Monday of the sprint is planning, and the second Friday is demo day where teams show off what they've accomplished the past two weeks.
Our mission is to be a global software company that is constantly pushing the envelope. Whether it's scaling our systems to handle another 100k locations, doing R&D on new products and features, or minimizing the time it takes information to go from our CMS to our publisher partners, our engineers work on challenging problems that make an impact. The best way to learn is hands on, so we're going to have you pushing code from week one.
- Participate in full life-cycle software development
- Design, implement, and deploy highly scalable and reliable systems
- Build storage systems, libraries, and frameworks.
- Contribute ideas for new features and identify areas for improvement proactively
- Collaborate effectively across teams, including outside of engineering
- Write clean, tested, and well-documented code
Skills & Requirements
- B.S in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience
- Strong foundation in data structures, algorithms and software design
- Fluency with Java, Go, C++, Python, or similar (we use mostly Java and Go)
- Openness to new technologies and creative solutions
- Comfortable working within a fast-paced high growth startup environment
Yext lets companies manage their digital presence in online maps, directories and apps. Over 400,000 businesses make millions of monthly updates across 100+ exclusive global partners, making Yext the global market leader. Digital presence is a fundamental need for all 50 million businesses in the world, and Yext's mission is perfect location information in every hand.
Yext’s powerful software allows customers to:
- Manage geodata for thousands of locations from one spot
- Control location details via exclusive integrations with 100+ leading sites, maps, and apps
- Share local updates on social platforms including Facebook, Google+ and Foursquare
- Create customer websites for each location built with SEO best practices
- Measure and monitor with analytics
Recently raising $50 million from Insight Ventures, Yext is investing the funding in new products and international expansion. Yext was named by Forbes as one of America's Most Promising Companies in 2014 and 2015, was recognized by CNBC in their Disruptor 50 list, was included as one of Fortune’s Best Places to Work 2014, and was featured on Crain’s Fast 50. Our wide open office space allows for easy collaboration across business functions. Our hours are flexible and we’re a casual office. We believe in pushing boundaries and moving above the rules.
Joel Test score: 12 out of 12
The Joel Test is a twelve-question measure of the quality of a software team.
- Do you use source control?
- Can you make a build in one step?
- Do you make daily builds?
- Do you have a bug database?
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code?
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule?
- Do you have a spec?
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions?
- Do you use the best tools money can buy?
- Do you have testers?
- Do new candidates write code during their interview?
- Do you do hallway usability testing?