Bloomberg is starting a revolution in derivatives by offering a complete one-stop-shopping tool for market professionals. The system includes structuring, pricing, data, valuation, and risk and lifecycle management for a wide variety of derivatives and structured products to complement our strengths in news, connectivity, and market data.
We are seeking talented, technically competent, reliable developers to build our derivative application that covers interest rate derivatives, structured notes, convertible bonds, equity derivatives, risk/valuation systems, and market data (volatility, swap/fwd curves). The candidate will have significant experience developing systems involving securities specifications and structuring tools, utilizing market data, pricing model valuations and risk systems. The group is rapidly growing and expanding its coverage into the pricing and structuring of exotic swaps and options, caps and floors, range accruals, asset swaps, structured notes, volatility sensitive products and convertible bonds as well as building an evaluated pricing service and cross-asset risk system.
- Design, code, implement, and test new features and modules in Bloomberg's interest rate, structured notes or convertible bonds applications
- Work with product managers to translate and understand product specifications accurately
- Project management, including estimation, scheduling, milestone tracking verification, risk management, and project status reporting
- Responsible for bug fixing issues with the software applications
Skills & Requirements
- 2-5 years max of software development experience in C/C++
- Solid understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Experience with and/or interest in full software development lifecycle activities: requirements management, technical design, implementation, testing/release
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Interest in developing financial applications
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company’s strength – delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately – is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 315,000 subscribers globally. Bloomberg’s enterprise solutions build on the company’s core strength, leveraging technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively. Through Bloomberg Law, Bloomberg Government, Bloomberg New Energy Finance and Bloomberg BNA, the company provides data, news and analytics to decision makers in industries beyond finance. And Bloomberg News, delivered through the Bloomberg Professional service, television, radio, mobile, the Internet and three magazines, Bloomberg Businessweek, Bloomberg Markets and Bloomberg Pursuits, covers the world with more than 2,400 news and multimedia professionals at more than 150 bureaus in 73 countries. Headquartered in New York, Bloomberg employs more than 15,000 people in 192 locations around the world.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please go to: