The Bloomberg Equity product is used by over 100,000 financial professionals worldwide to make decisions and increase alpha. Our next-generation Equity analytics unlock market data and give our clients unprecedented advantages. Today's Equity product spans a wide gamut of functionality, from fundamentals to estimates, company analysis to peer valuation, idea generation to portfolio construction, and exchange-level tools to macro regional/industrial analysis.
Equity R&D in our New York office is seeking driven and dedicated developers to join our fast-paced team. We develop rich user interfaces as well as powerful backend servers in C++. Developers contribute to all phases of software engineering ranging from requirements through release. Candidates should exhibit strategic thinking, an aggressive drive, and an
aptitude for engineering quality software.
Skills & Requirements
- 3 years of software development experience in C/C++
- Solid understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Experience with and/or interest in full software development lifecycle activities: requirements management, technical design, implementation, testing/release
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Interest in developing financial applications
- Experience with enhancing and maintaining mission-critical software in a fast-paced environment is a plus but not necessary.
- Leadership, management, and mentoring experience also highly valued
- Equity financial knowledge is a plus but not necessary.
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company’s strength – delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately – is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 315,000 subscribers globally. Bloomberg’s enterprise solutions build on the company’s core strength, leveraging technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively. Through Bloomberg Law, Bloomberg Government, Bloomberg New Energy Finance and Bloomberg BNA, the company provides data, news and analytics to decision makers in industries beyond finance. And Bloomberg News, delivered through the Bloomberg Professional service, television, radio, mobile, the Internet and three magazines, Bloomberg Businessweek, Bloomberg Markets and Bloomberg Pursuits, covers the world with more than 2,400 news and multimedia professionals at more than 150 bureaus in 73 countries. Headquartered in New York, Bloomberg employs more than 15,000 people in 192 locations around the world.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please go to: