Bloomberg's CTO Office is looking for a Reliability Engineer experienced in the design of complex software infrastructure and business systems. This is a position for the serious engineer who will be responsible for designing and deploying a robust and scalable system that will integrate a variety of core products comprising the vast offerings of data and analytics on the Bloomberg platform.
In addition to being responsible for the operations of the system, we expect our Reliability Engineers to have opinions on the state of our network and systems and how Bloomberg LP can do it better. You will join a tight-knit group of engineers who are enthusiastic about technology.
Skills & Requirements
- 5+ years of experience in systems administration in Unix (Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris, AIX)
- Strong knowledge of computer technologies and effective software development methodologies
- Experienced in the following languages: C, C++, Java, Ruby, Python
- Experienced with web servers and containers including: Apache, Tomcat, Passenger, Ngnix, HAProxy
- Experienced with databases and key-value stores including: MySQL, Postgres, memcached, Redis, MongoDB, Riak
- Experienced with cloud computing platforms including: OpenStack, CloudStack, AWS, GAEStrong interpersonal and communication skills as you will interact with other teams on a daily basis.
- Able to gain consensus in situations with different needs & objectives
- Proven track record of building collaborative relationships with stakeholders across multiple technological and business functions
- Bachelors or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Related Field (or equivalent expertise)
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company’s strength – delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately – is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 315,000 subscribers globally. Bloomberg’s enterprise solutions build on the company’s core strength, leveraging technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively. Through Bloomberg Law, Bloomberg Government, Bloomberg New Energy Finance and Bloomberg BNA, the company provides data, news and analytics to decision makers in industries beyond finance. And Bloomberg News, delivered through the Bloomberg Professional service, television, radio, mobile, the Internet and three magazines, Bloomberg Businessweek, Bloomberg Markets and Bloomberg Pursuits, covers the world with more than 2,400 news and multimedia professionals at more than 150 bureaus in 73 countries. Headquartered in New York, Bloomberg employs more than 15,000 people in 192 locations around the world.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please go to: