The Financial Data Delivery Core team is responsible for building and maintaining high-performance systems that feed billions of data points per day to Bloomberg's customers through its market-leading enterprise reference data product. Our system delivers a wide range of information on nearly all types of financial instruments to key players in the industry who count on it to be ultra-reliable. To satisfy the ever growing needs of our customers we partner with the business and sales teams to design and develop innovative solutions.
- Design and develop new systems/tools to create new products
- Coordinate roll-out of new products and develop required data gathering technology
- Enhance our software infrastructure to improve the reliability and computational efficiency of our products, especially through distributed job processing and control projects
- Interact with various financial programming groups across Bloomberg as part of the development process
Skills & Requirements
- Minimum 3+ years of current C++ development experience
- Experience developing software in a UNIX environment
- Understanding of the STL and object-oriented design
- Excellent communication skills
Other Desirable Skills:
- Experience with scripting languages, such as Perl/Python
- Working knowledge of development tools such as debuggers, memory profilers, and performance measurement tools
- Relational database experience
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company’s strength – delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately – is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 315,000 subscribers globally. Bloomberg’s enterprise solutions build on the company’s core strength, leveraging technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively. Through Bloomberg Law, Bloomberg Government, Bloomberg New Energy Finance and Bloomberg BNA, the company provides data, news and analytics to decision makers in industries beyond finance. And Bloomberg News, delivered through the Bloomberg Professional service, television, radio, mobile, the Internet and three magazines, Bloomberg Businessweek, Bloomberg Markets and Bloomberg Pursuits, covers the world with more than 2,400 news and multimedia professionals at more than 150 bureaus in 73 countries. Headquartered in New York, Bloomberg employs more than 15,000 people in 192 locations around the world.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please go to: