We are seeking highly motivated, experienced individual to help us build the most advanced real estate application platform. Your day-to-day work will include a wide variety of design and development projects, using HTML 5, CSS 3/SASS, Responsive design, JQuery, C#, etc.
Qualified applicants should be able to work independently and with team members to design high-performance, scalable web-based applications and systems. Strong written and verbal communication, attention to detail and problem-solving skills are absolute must-haves.
Skills & Requirements
Relevant web development experience in an ASP.NET production environment
- Excellent understanding of web development and design techniques and methodologies
- Advanced knowledge of HTML, CSS and DOM - must be able to write clean HTML markup without editors, understanding of the box model, etc.
- Experience in troubleshooting cross-browser issues
- Experience with debugging tools such as Firebug, Fiddler etc.
- Understanding of AJAX model of server/client interaction
- Working knowledge of SQL and relational database design principles is highly desired
- Bing / Google Maps API
- Lucene or other No-SQL
- Internationalization/Language Support
We cultivate a unique culture that encourages a work-life balance, bolstered by a relaxed work environment and flexible office hours.
We recognize that everyone has unique needs and varied professional experience. We encourage collaboration, supporting and learning from one another in order to develop new ideas.
We designed our office space to encourage communication while still providing each employee with the personal space to focus on individual tasks when necessary. Open areas and round tables are perfect for brainstorming and diagramming. Desks are not cramped together, providing plenty of space for working together as well as the isolation we sometimes need!
Holiday parties, movie nights, Xbox tournaments et al encourage us to stay creative and help keep communication barriers down, enabling us to work more effectively when we hit the grind.
Joel Test score: 8 out of 12
The Joel Test is a twelve-question measure of the quality of a software team.
- Do you use source control?
- Can you make a build in one step?
- Do you make daily builds?
- Do you have a bug database?
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code?
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule?
- Do you have a spec?
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions?
- Do you use the best tools money can buy?
- Do you have testers?
- Do new candidates write code during their interview?
- Do you do hallway usability testing?