Want the chance to flourish in a fast-paced environment solving complex issues with cutting-edge technology? Gravity Works Design & Development is looking for a Software Developer to join our team, working on modular, test-driven, iterative solutions. If you love working with people, learning the latest technology, and solving puzzles, we would love to see your resume and portfolio.
From ASP.NET MVC web applications to developing iPhone apps built with Objective-C, Gravity Works developers are true polyglot programmers. Your responsibilities as a developer at Gravity Works is to help us deliver a great experience to our clients.
You will be responsible for daily programming tasks, keeping constant communication with the client, collaborating with coworkers when you hit a roadblock, and testing output. All developers participate in pair programming and code reviews to improve the quality of our deliverables, and the quality of our craft.
Skills & Requirements
You know what you're doing. If you don't know a framework, you know how to ask questions, work with your team, and learn.
You can work with existing systems and improve workflows, as well as architect new solutions.
You are meticulous, methodical, and organized.
You can clearly convey plans and specifications. You understand that communication is crucial when collaborating with team members and clients.
Preferred Knowledge & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- At least two of the following:
- Objective C
- Project Management
About Gravity Works Design & Development
Gravity Works Design & Development creates streamlined solutions for our clients ranging from print design, website development, and mobile applications. Our clients include local businesses, state government agencies, national franchises, and international nonprofit organizations. We deliver innovative solutions that exceed client expectations, turning “I have an idea” into “you should see this” by constantly evolving, launching websites and mobile applications for just-released platforms.
- Competitive salary and vacation (including your birthday)
- Health and dental insurance (premiums fully covered)
- Retirement plan (with matching)
- Free Friday lunches
- Conference attendance budget and time off
Joel Test score: 11 out of 12
The Joel Test is a twelve-question measure of the quality of a software team.
- Do you use source control?
- Can you make a build in one step?
- Do you make daily builds?
- Do you have a bug database?
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code?
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule?
- Do you have a spec?
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions?
- Do you use the best tools money can buy?
- Do you have testers?
- Do new candidates write code during their interview?
- Do you do hallway usability testing?