• Engineer and maintain beautiful, high visibility native apps for the world’s largest financial firms and media outlets.
• Gain exposure to stock market and other financial data while developing applications that present dynamic information from a variety of sources.
• Use Android's design guidelines and SDK alongside proprietary libraries and standard best practices to build and deliver high performance mobile applications to users across the globe.
• Utilize skills to contribute to the expansion of Markit On Demand’s mobile capabilities, including rich and interactive charting, streaming data, offline storage, and more.
Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. No relocation is available for this position.
Skills & Requirements
• 2+ years of experience developing native applications on Android
• Can navigate through Eclipse efficiently
• Experience with Ant build scripts
• Experience with JSON and RESTful APIs
• Well versed in the Android SDK, 2.3 and up, what's available and how to use it
• Experience with object-oriented principles and development patterns like MVC
• Excellent technical, analytical, and communication skills
• Experience or interest in learning mobile web development (HTML5) a plus
• Demonstrated ability to work and learn independently or as part of a team
Knowledge of the following are plusses:
o Exposure to Android Studio
o In-App Billing
o Push notifications
o iOS development experience
About Markit On Demand
What We Offer
Markit on Demand, Inc. has been in business for almost 20 years. Headquartered at the base of the Rocky Mountains in Boulder, Colorado, Markit On Demand has over 400 employees that are focused on the design, development and hosting of financial web sites, reports, and tools. We deliver innovative, high quality products to help our clients and their customers visualize, manipulate and understand complex financial information. Our compelling, presentation-rich services for financial professionals and individual investors have won acclaim for our clients, many of whom rank at the top of the Gomez and Forbes awards. Our products are custom designed for each client, completely private-labeled, and fully integrated into the client’s other offerings.
Acquired by Markit in 2010, Markit On Demand has entered a promising and exciting business relationship and continues to grow and create new career opportunities for exceptional people who want to awaken their curiosity and strengthen their creative thinking and critical problem solving skills in a demanding, results oriented and client focused work environment. Markit is a leading, global financial information services company with over 2,300 employees. The company provides independent data, valuations and trade processing across all asset classes in order to enhance transparency, reduce risk and improve operational efficiency. Over 1,500 institutions use Markit’s independent services as clients - including investment banks, hedge funds, asset managers,central banks, regulators, rating agencies and insurance companies - providing round-the-clock support from offices in London, New York, Dallas, Toronto, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Singapore, Tokyo, Sydney, Calgary, Vancouver, Boulder, New Delhi, Chicago and Henley on Thames.
Markit On Demand offers a terrific working environment that creates an abundance of opportunities for motivated individuals. We possess a unique and compelling culture that is intellectually stimulating, encourages creativity and recognizes individual and team contribution. We offer a great benefits package including medical with HSA/FSA, dental, vision, 401K with Company Match, vacation and personal days, alternative transportation benefits and there really is an unlimited supply of chocolate!
Salary is based on experience. Markit On Demand is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates must be located in the US and relocation assistance is not offered for this role.
We respectfully request no agency or recruiter inquiries or candidate submissions.
Joel Test score: 11 out of 12
The Joel Test is a twelve-question measure of the quality of a software team.
- Do you use source control?
- Can you make a build in one step?
- Do you make daily builds?
- Do you have a bug database?
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code?
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule?
- Do you have a spec?
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions?
- Do you use the best tools money can buy?
- Do you have testers?
- Do new candidates write code during their interview?
- Do you do hallway usability testing?