Award-winning youth marketing strategists seek problem-solvers with a can-do, positive attitude, interest in open-source software and thorough working knowledge of front-end web technologies to come on board as Front-End Developers.
Come join The Beans Group, Digital Business Of The Year 2013, in this Front End role as part of a growing development team. This role will report in to our Lead Front End Developer, and work with them and our Designers on a variety of web development projects, from our most mature products to new builds, across both web and mobile platforms.
We are working with what we believe are the best tools currently available but we’re constantly looking to improve and renew. To achieve the best results in this constantly evolving industry you need to be able to quickly adapt and learn fast.
Being at the cutting edge of technology is very exciting and makes our work varied and fun, however brings with it a lot of challenges that can only be overcome by working together and staying true to our principals. We’re a tight-knit team and we believe that operating with transparency is the best way we can work and learn from our mistakes and failures. We conduct code reviews to ensure we’re producing projects of high quality. We love and use open-source software and try to contribute back to the projects we use.
So if you like the sound of what we have to offer, apply now with your CV and cover letter.
Skills & Requirements
- Knowledge of CoffeeScript, Sass and Compass, HAML and Ruby on Rails
- Understanding of responsive web development
- Working knowledge of front-end cross-browser implementations and incompatibilities
- Appreciation of what constitutes good UX/UI and design
- Exposure to source control management using Git
About The Beans Group
The National Business Awards' 2013 Digital Business of the Year, The Beans Group, and our start-up-within-a-start-up, Voxburner, have been on an exponential growth spurt since our inception as studentbeans.com in 2005, adding More Beans and Voxburner as well as standalone campaigns like Freshers Fields and events like Youth Marketing Strategy and the Youth 100, to the stable since then. We’re now looking at taking our award-winning products global, from YMS New York to our refactored local offering in 2014.
You’ll come to work in our brand new, purpose-built office located five minutes walk from Kentish Town station, work as part of a team without project managers - we’re trusted to get the job done, and get your pick of Apple hardware to work on.
Joel Test score: 10 out of 12
The Joel Test is a twelve-question measure of the quality of a software team.
- Do you use source control?
- Can you make a build in one step?
- Do you make daily builds?
- Do you have a bug database?
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code?
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule?
- Do you have a spec?
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions?
- Do you use the best tools money can buy?
- Do you have testers?
- Do new candidates write code during their interview?
- Do you do hallway usability testing?